SUNDAY WITH MY DAD

So we took the 51 on the first test drive. Seems to run and stop pretty good. 

Been pondering putting it up for sale. Think I will redo the seat then maybe post

on ebay. Love the body on this old truck and hate to see it go. 

Been a great sunday with my dad. Nice to have taken the first ride with him.

post-6719-0-56680300-1435625320_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-84727600-1435625324_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well we already have a 50 that's running and two of these beast take up quite a bit of room in Dads pole barn. 

sounds like you need a new and bigger pole barn!  :P

• Like 3

Hate to see you sell the truck but I can understand as I have two 48 P15's in my garage taking up space but I can live with a little less space and by the way my garage is 30 x 36 two story and I still don't have enough room. I had to build a 24 x 26 carport on the back of the garage as to get my sons 52 ford project that's been in my garage for 18 years torn apart out of my way for my cars. Sometimes we have to sacrifice some space to do what we love and to keep what we love. Here is a pick of the back of the garage and what I did so I can drive the cars right through either end as soon as my son's truck is out which will at the rate he is moving will be another 18 years probably. Remember the times you had with your dad and the truck as memories will always be with you. Good luck in what ever you decide.

post-3724-0-16950200-1435725117_thumb.jpg

post-3724-0-84399500-1435725233_thumb.jpg

yea you know we looked for a long time for a truck and looked at a bunch of junk. Then we found two.. lol

Been a learning experience and dad is normally the teacher even though im 44. 

Edited by MATT47025

If you buy a third truck, two won't seem so bad.

That worked for me. I had 9 trucks a while back, but then I chopped up a few that were 'too far gone' and kept all the good parts that I could salvage.... so wifey doesn't seem to mind that I have only 5 trucks at present !!

That worked for me. I had 9 trucks a while back, but then I chopped up a few that were 'too far gone' and kept all the good parts that I could salvage.... so wifey doesn't seem to mind that I have only 5 trucks at present !!

then you end up with 4 like me after #3!  :D