My recent find.

There are still some goodies out there.......but you gotta be quick. I saw this recently and reacted like I was on fire. It was on the very top of my wish list. I am not absolutely certain if it is NOS......but it sure looks like it was never installed.

Well It is installed now and it works great. :D It sure is nice to have something as critical as this with no wear at all. With the old carb my truck had to be running for a while before it felt like it wouldn't stall. Now I can move off after only a very short warm up.

Best of all it was offered at a very reasonable price. Sometimes Ebay is really...realy good. Keep your eyes open you never know what you might find.

Jeff

post-4710-0-23468500-1435512910_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-67979100-1435512920_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-95657800-1435512930_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-71518900-1435512947_thumb.jpg

post-4710-0-08448100-1435512964_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hank;

Thanks it's a DTG1 for a fluid drive equipped truck. It was quite a score as these are not that easy to find in any condition. I had been looking for the better part of 2 years. I had gone over the old carb several times and even after all that it never ran as sweet as it does with this fresh one on. :)

All I have left to do now is get a weight certificate for the DMV and I should be good to go. Yeah!!!

Jeff

yah, you never know what you might find....I just picked up 4 SETS of B1/2 window cranks for a good price...did I mention they are NOS IN BAG?

yah, you never know what you might find....I just picked up 4 SETS of B1/2 window cranks for a good price...did I mention they are NOS IN BAG?

Mark;

That is exactly why I brought this topic up in the first place. There are still some goodies out there to find. And some of them are pretty amazing. Just gotta be persistant and keep looking. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever find a correct model carb in "As new" condition.

Jeff

Looks like you both scored well. Well done.

I think that the secret is to be patient and not impulse buy, but that all depends on how desperate you are for the part/s at the time!

Hey Davin;

True enough on the majority of things.......but I think an as new Carter B & B is something that you have to move quickly on. How many of those are you likely to see these days? And particularly the exact model DTG1 for a fluid drive truck you are looking for? All I can say is my truck sure likes it. :D And the price was very reasonable.

Jeff