39 Dodge windshield trim

Smokeywolf

Smokeywolf...........looks like you need more than the clips, do you have the centre divider bar or is that whats missing also?...........they are made of diecast metal and tend to crack.........I ended up making a new one from 1"x1/2" brass strap and 3/8'th square brass rod.........cut the 1/2" width down to the basic side profile using a few hand tools including a lot of file work......lol.......then drilled and tapped the 3/8th rod to suit the inner windscreen garnish piece and checked its size against the gap between the glass, then soldered the two brass pieces together, checked for fit and got it chromed.......worked perfectly and always gets noticed for being in pristine condition when fellow mopar morons check it out............admittedly this was done nearly 40 yrs ago when I was young & silly........now?........just silly........but it works.........if you have the centre bar then guard it with your life as they are very fragile.........I can't help with any molding clips tho' as Oz mopar cars back then didn't use the chrome moldings until maybe the early 50's..........have you checked your local windscreen guys as some UK cars may have had a similar molding piece.........regards, andyd        

Edited by Andydodge

Smokey.....hope these pics help........you can see how I cut, hacksawed actually then hand filed it to the right profile........twas a long job but I had the time and no other choice as these things were not easy to find .......andyd

post-612-0-76961500-1435566794_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-06938000-1435566840_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-25364200-1435566935_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-28790000-1435566994_thumb.jpg

smokey: are you looking for the stainless chrome trim for the outside of the window or just the two clips that join the two halfs of the stainless.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Hi I'm looking for the clips was not sure I needed anything else.

Smokey, reason I brought up the centre bar question was that your pics don't appear to show it ..........but it is there is it?.........andyd

The parts you want are likely out there but any trim for these old cars is the hardest thing to find. It took me years to find a decent hood ornament for my '38 Chrysler. I finally did but it still needed rechroming to be servicable. Good luck with your search.

Smokey.....interesting thing was that after I had posted my 4 pics I had another close look at them and it looked like the sealant mastic that I used had shrunk a bit in the pics......sure enough it had so just went and ran a couple of beads of mastic in & around the centre bar........which still brings me back to my question.......do you only need the stainless clips or do you need the centre bar as well.......your pics whilst appreciated don't really answer the question...........andyd