Hood Release Cable

Labrauer

My hood release cable (wire) has broke right where the hood stop and screw is. I have tried to repair it by adding the broken piece that was on the other side by bending it into a little circle and the other end into a little circle and JB weld it but had no luck in the repair as it just came loose again. 

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix without having to spend $238 dollars for one on ebay? Is there a way to remove the handle from the current one and just find a wire of the same diameter and do it that way. I thought that maybe I could use a cable from a lawn mower shop if long enough and only if there is some way to release the pull knob and install on new cable. 

Open for suggestions.

My hood release cable (wire) has broke right where the hood stop and screw is. ...

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix without having to spend $238 dollars for one on ebay? ... I thought that maybe I could use a cable from a lawn mower shop if long enough and only if there is some way to release the pull knob and install on new cable. 

I fixed mine (broke apart under hood) by joining the two parts of the cable by using the metal cage and set screws off a wire terminal block.

Not professional, but I get to keep the original handle.

original.jpg

Edited by Uncle-Pekka