door lock?

Just bought a '49 B-1-B truck.  So very glad to be part of this group.

Looks like there's only a door lock on the passenger side (not driver).  However, the key for the ignition (which looks original) doesn't seem to go in the door lock.  I suspect the door's keyhole is filled with gunk.  But wanted to confirm that it didn't use a different key as I only have the one key.  

Will try some cleaner on the lock now that I have some copies of the key and don't worry about breaking on.

Any advise on where to buy parts like mirrors, 12V heater motor, roof lining etc would be much appreciated too.

andrewj7,

Provided the locks are factory...it could be they are not keyed alike

2013-03-20_0903_zps98a8e6f7.png

5053ignitionlockset072909a_zpsdzumxbzv.j

2012-04-03_2312_zpspffgbdhn.png
If your locks look like those shown above, they are original. It took quite a long time until my truck had and original ignition lock and a matching door lock. Good luck finding what you need and a good locksmith.

Good Luck with your truck,

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B

Welcome to the family.

Yes, there is only one lock, on the passenger side. The thought process at the time was to lock the driver's door by lifting the inside handle, then slide out the passenger side (away from traffic) and lock the vehicle with the key on the passenger door. Originally they would have been keyed alike but if one was replaced sometime along the way they could be different. Good luck. It may be just rusted/stuck tumblers.

Roberts Motor Parts is one of your best options for the other parts your after, and I've seen their interior parts like headliner, and they look great...I wouldn't waste the money again on some of the other suppliers, double the price and Roberts looks way better.

Thanks for all the info everyone.  I'm going to try and clean the lock first before looking to rekey it.  Otherwise I will replace them.

I'm located in Los Altos Hills (although not too high in the hills which is probably a good thing with this truck)

Thanks for all the info everyone.  I'm going to try and clean the lock first before looking to rekey it.  Otherwise I will replace them.

I'm located in Los Altos Hills (although not too high in the hills which is probably a good thing with this truck)

Very close to me. . . Often take hikes at Rancho San Antonio and some times drive my old Plymouth there. I guess the entrance to that is more Cupertino or Los Altos than Los Altos Hills, but its close.