Gauge repair and restoration

Guest gdaddypaul

Guest gdaddypaul

I noticed that Keven (Vancouver, Washington) has posted an ad offering his services. I, for one, can say that he's the real deal. He repaired and re-faced the gauges for my '51 B3B and I couldn't  happier (he doesn't know I'm posting this). His work, prices and turn-around time were excellent and he cheerfully stands behind his work if something turns out not just right.

I second that emotion.

I wanted some custom art done on the speedometer and he got it done pronto and at a very reasonable price.

• Like 1

Keep it on the low guys, he'll get a big head and others will send him more stuff and I'll never get my 4 set done! LOL, just kidding!

Now let's brow beat him into buying another pilothouse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Keep it on the low guys, he'll get a big head and others will send him more stuff and I'll never get my 4 set done! LOL, just kidding!

Now let's brow beat him into buying another pilothouse!

Isn't he working on something with a lot more ummmpff under the hood?

Isn't he working on something with a lot more ummmpff under the hood?

he is, but i think it is just a phase (mid life crisis? :lol: )

i have two reasons for working so hard on my truck 1.) 2017 BBQ and 2.) driving buy Keven's house at night with the exhaust unbolted and guilt him into another pilothouse with a flathead :P  

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words!!!!!!! Kinda funny, I needed new faces for my '49, taught myself

how to work on them and now I'm doing work for fellow enthusiasts around the world (literally).

Here's my current toy. Some day, we might buy another Pilot House. :)

post-2585-0-66151700-1433965851_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Keven did my gauges as well and I can vouch for his work too.  I couldn't be happier.

Now about his pic he posted,……..Is that a Cuda parked in front of the truck? 

Richard

PS:  If anyone wants to see progress photos of the route van build it is on Instagram, tag name is "dodgeroutevan"   I will also be posting pics of it around town and at car shows.

I'm restoring a '51 B3B and Keven just refurbished and re-chromed my speedometer, gauges, radio speaker cover, and blank plate. The workmanship was perfect and I couldn't be happier. Keven went above and beyond as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing better than dealing with a craftsman who combines knowledge with integrity. Would I use Keven's services again? You bet.

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to find someone I can trust. NEVER have UNITED SPEEDOMETER in Riverside, CA, do any work. He has had my B-1-B speedo for nearly a year. He "finished" the job last September and was paid. In spite of numerous phone calls by me and promises by him, I still don't have a speedo. The web has a lot of bad press about the company.

John,

I'd be happy to refurbish one of the extra speedo's I have here

and mail it to ya.

You can pay me when you get your money back.

You know I also do gauges. :)

that is the Keven i know!!!-------  i take back half of what i said previously---- now get out there and get yourself another pilot house! :D

• Like 2

Keven,

Thanks for the offer. I'm planning to have a heart-to-heart talk with my speedo man tomorrow (if he answers his phone, which is rare). If I don't get anywhere I'll be talking to you soon. Any cost guess for a 1950 B-1-B speedo?

Thanks

John

Keven,

Thanks for the offer. I'm planning to have a heart-to-heart talk with my speedo man tomorrow (if he answers his phone, which is rare). If I don't get anywhere I'll be talking to you soon. Any cost guess for a 1950 B-1-B speedo?

Thanks

John

$220 will cover the speedo and shipping.

Let me know if there is a mileage you want on the odometer.

Edited by B1B Keven

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...

My speedometer just died on my last trip out last fall and my temp sending unit has never worked since my cable was broken when I bought it. I've just started looking at knew ones until i saw this feed. I'm curious what you charge to go over both units and recrome and repaint? Thanks 

11 hours ago, jljarnes said:

My speedometer just died on my last trip out last fall and my temp sending unit has never worked since my cable was broken when I bought it. I've just started looking at knew ones until i saw this feed. I'm curious what you charge to go over both units and recrome and repaint? Thanks 

You've got a PM.