eci master work with rusty hope front disc and rear drum

mopar_earl

Will the eci dual circuit master work with rusty hope's front disc and orginal rear drum brakes? I can't seem to find reliable info. I've seen ppl post that you and can't use it. I want to use rusty hopes disc kit so I can't keep my factory rims. From my understanding the eci front disc kit won't allow the orginal rims to fit.

BTW,I've spent many hours reading all the info on here.

Thanks,

Earl

If you spend some time searching you will find a rather extensive thread that dealt with this issue.  Briefly, Don Coatney had the same setup you are talking about, and ECI recommended a smaller master cylinder than the one that I used with my ECI front brakes.  There is also a lot of details of what it takes to make an ECI master cylinder mount work right.

Marty

Thanks,but have searched for hours and hours and haven't found much. Some say it does, some dont. Some say it bolts right in while others say you need to do mods to it. Looking for current update to date info.

Thanks for the link, I have read that thread. It's 5 years old.

Any other dual circuit master cylinder options besides eci? I read about aaj but found no info or anything on ajj site.

Earl

Thanks,but have searched for hours and hours and haven't found much. Some say it does, some dont. Some say it bolts right in while others say you need to do mods to it. Looking for current update to date info.

Thanks for the link, I have read that thread. It's 5 years old.

Any other dual circuit master cylinder options besides eci? I read about aaj but found no info or anything on ajj site.

Earl

Sorry for giving you a link that is 5 years old. Guess I should delete all that obsolete information.

• Like 1

Sorry for giving you a link that is 5 years old. Guess I should delete all that obsolete information.

That's ok. Things can change a lot in 5 years, especially in the automotive field. Than sometimes not at all. I prefer current info. Just a personal choice. I do appreciate you trying to help. If the eci setup requires that much modifications I wouldhope they made changes to it over that last 5 years. Maybe that would explain why some says it fits with no issues while some say it needs modified to work?? Just trying to research it before spending time and money. Especially time as I'm very limited with time.

Earl

Edited by mopar_earl

That's ok. Things can change a lot in 5 years, especially in the automotive field. Than sometimes not at all. I prefer current info. Just a personal choice. I do appreciate you trying to help. If the eci setup requires that much modifications I wouldhope they made changes to it over that last 5 years. Maybe that would explain why some says it fits with no issues while some say it needs modified to work?? Just trying to research it before spending time and money. Especially time as I'm very limited with time.

Earl

If you want new information then I suggest you try what has not been tried and do the write up. As much as I would like to give you current information I am also limited on time. Good luck.

you can read and follow in the steps of those who have come before....buy what you think is best and venture out and post your results and what worked and what it took to get there.....first though would be to contact your supplier of choice for information regarding what is recommended by them to be safe and effective ...they the folks standing behind the product and taking your money up front.......these cars are quite old and there are a good number of ways to improve the braking...none however are truly just a bolt on...also...be sure the distributor you choose will also back up their product and offer tech assist if you should hit a snag...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Basically I'm looking for someone that has bought the eci master recently and if they needed to mod it or if it installed without issues. I'm also open to other brands as well. After spending a day and a half on this forum and searching the net I haven't got anywhere. So I made this post to help my search. I know I'm new and I know I'm not in the click but gotta start from the bottom up I guess.

As far as asking manufacturers, they aren't going to tell you yes you need to heavily modify our 300.00 part to make it work.

I did talk to rusty hope and he said the eci would work with his disc system but he didn't go into any details.

Earl

Edited by mopar_earl

Just on this forum I saw posts of ppl sawing the eci master installed without issues and works great. I also read posts where a hole had to be drilled. I also read posts that heavy modifications needed done. Just confuses me cause how can that be unless the part has been updated?

Earl

Earl...still think it would be best to call ECI with this concern...for if it did not work as they advertised..they are on the hook for returning of the item if needed...I really cannot advise any better at the moment..you can also see the older threads and hopefully click on posters name and see if he is still active and post him a PM...

Earl...still think it would be best to call ECI with this concern...for if it did not work as they advertised..they are on the hook for returning of the item if needed...I really cannot advise any better at the moment..you can also see the older threads and hopefully click on posters name and see if he is still active and post him a PM...

I will email them and see what they say. Thanks. And thanks for trying to help me!

Earl

therein lies the very importance of customer service that I spoke of Earl...imagine if you had their stuff in hand..a small problem pop up and you cannot get in touch with them, the level of your frustration skyrockets...service after the sale says it all in my book...

That's why I'm open to other brands,if there is any. 2015 and no email address given. Very disappointing.

Earl

Have you checked here:http://www.aajbrakes.com/rproductinfo.html

I think some members on here have used their conversion kits, not sure about just the master.

Will the eci dual circuit master work with rusty hope's front disc and orginal rear drum brakes? I can't seem to find reliable info. I've seen ppl post that you and can't use it. I want to use rusty hopes disc kit so I can't keep my factory rims. From my understanding the eci front disc kit won't allow the orginal rims to fit.

BTW,I've spent many hours reading all the info on here.

Thanks,

Earl

Sorry I can't answer your main question but my stock 15" wheels fit over Rustys disc brakes on my wayfarer.

I think some members on here have used their conversion kits, not sure about just the master.

Yes I have. Their website is very basic with little info. Also I saw on here they do make a bolt in master but found no write ups or pics of it.

Thanks,

Earl

Sorry I can't answer your main question but my stock 15" wheels fit over Rustys disc brakes on my wayfarer.

Thanks, that's what I been reading. Also the scarebird brakes are suppose to allow the factory wheels to fit. From what I've read eci brakes will not.

I do plan to throw radial tires and rims on the car at some point, until than I'd like to retain the factory rims. That's why I'm leaning towards rusty hopes disc. Just need a compatible dual circuit master that will go into the stock location and use the stock brake pedal. If I have to go all eci due to compatibility, than I will. Just a lot of money to throw down as I'd need the disc kit, master kit, rims and tires. Lol

Thanks,

Earl

I emailed aaj brakes for info. Will post what they say. Very little info to be found on aaj brakes.

Earl

I've used aaj's rear disc setup

Did you happen to do a write up on that kit? Did your stock rims fit? Was it a bolt on or did you have to modify the axle? Been pondering going 4 wheel disc.

Thanks,

Earl

They bolted right on with no problems. The stock wheels also fit with no problems. Some photos here.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/35504-started-the-teardown/

Thanks! Appreciate it! Did that rear kit come with brake hoses? Looks like a nice kit.

Earl