STEERING COLUMN AND BOX 1946 WC

I BOUGHT A STEERING COLUMN AND BOX FOR MY 1946 HALFTON DODGE TRUCK A WHILE AGO AND HAD IT SHIPPED TO ENGLAND, WHEN IT ARRIVED I FOUND MY PITMAN ARM WOULD NOT FIT THE SPLINE ON THE BOX SO STARTED TO LOOK FOR ONE THAT WOULD FIT. A MONTH OR SO LATER I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE COLUMN AND BOX I BOUGHT ARE FROM A 1 1/2 TON MODEL AND MINE IS A 1/2 TON MODEL. EVEN IF I MANAGE TO GET A PITMAN ARM FROM A 1 AND A 1/2 TON TRUCK IT WILL NOT FIT MY DRAG LINK AS EVERYTHING IS LARGER. I NOW FIND MYSELF IN A POSITION WHERE I NEED TO LOCATE A 1/2 TON STEERING COLUMN AND BOX AND ALSO A STEERING WHEEL IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM DESPERATE TO GET THE TRUCK BACK ON THE ROAD FOR THE SUMMER

ANY ADVISE ON THIS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED, I HAVE ASKED ON THE 39 - 46 YAHOO GROUP PAGE BUT AS YET HAVE NOT LOCATED ANYTHING.

REGARDS GRAHAM COOK.

Are you looking for a part to buy?  If so, you should place an ad in the classifieds under "parts wanted".  Parts request threads do get locked and deleted as we try to keep that to the classifieds section.

If you are looking for advice on what to do things are good as they are.  

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, i have put a request in the Truck parts wanted section but wonderd if anyone had any advise on where i might locate a column and box or if there is any other option for me to look at with regards to the column i have being from the larger model of truck.

Regards Graham

Hi Graham, i see you haven't read your pm from me yet.   

"...... if you haven't already, try "wildcatautoparts.com" they are located in Oregon
or "frenchlakeautoparts.com" in MN."

good luck, Brent