1936 Dodge Truck-any compatatible years for parts?

Have a 1936 dodge truck and upon further inspection it does not have the correct rear fenders on either side. I was curious if other years will fit the truck and also if there are multiple years that would use the same grill?  If there are no other years using the same grill is there a year that would "swap" for the 36 with minimal fabrication/modification? thanks

Got part numbers for the items in question?

Or to put it differently, do you have a parts book that covers several years including yours? That would make it easy to lookup things like rear fenders and see what years are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the front fenders on the 1936 Dodge (1/2 ton) Trucks?

Are they the same as the 1936 Dodge sedan front fenders?

I've owned a '36 Dodge pickup and a '36 Dodge D2 Sedan, but not at the same time, so I've wondered if the fenders were interchangeable.

I know that my '36 truck fenders did not have the housing and grill for the horns, but other than that, can a truck fender be used on a car?

• 3 weeks later...

Grill center, wings, stainless strips, crank cover and mascot share the same parts from the following:

36 Dodge-car

36-37 Dodge-truck

Grill sides  share the same parts:

36 Dodge-truck and car

All fenders, running boards, splash panels, pickup bed share from the following:

36-37-38 Dodge Truck

37-38 Plymouth Truck

Also, the outer fender from a 36 Dodge car is the same as the above trucks.

Grill shell will interchange with little mods.

Behind the grill splash panels are different.

Hope this helps.

Edited by countrytravler

attachicon.gifCopyright 2008 IdeationPro com.JPGThe 1936 Dodge grill was unique to that year.  1937 and 1938 grills were similar but not the same.

The picture showing the 38 is wrong. Car and truck look similar, but they are totally different. Nothing will interchange.

• 3 weeks later...