1942 Dodge WC Job-Rated Pickup Oil Filter

Greetings all,

For years, I was the guy pouring in countless dollars and hours into a restoration just to sell the vehicle at a huge loss. Well I finally got smart and just bought the attached original, numbers matching 1942 Dodge WC Job-rated pickup truck which someone else restored!

I also received the original build sheet with it which says it came with an oil filter, but there is no oil filter on the engine.

The build sheet is kind of hard to read but the oil filter line says something like:

EX 602-B-16 Del OilFilter

Any ideas where I can find one?

Thanks!

Dave

post-8136-0-68000700-1432939493_thumb.jpg

post-8136-0-68676700-1432940867_thumb.jpg

post-8136-0-70636900-1432940879_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tubeviper
  • Like 2

looks very nice Dave, sorry i can't help with the filter info. wonder if the motor was replaced at some time?

funny you mention it, i am also that guy poring in the countless dollars............. :)

looks very nice Dave, sorry i can't help with the filter info. wonder if the motor was replaced at some time?

funny you mention it, i am also that guy poring in the countless dollars............. :)

Engine is numbers matching original...

Yeah, I lost money on every vehicle I ever restored. It took me 30 or so years to figure this out and I have been planning such a purchase for a while. Unfortunately the seller of the truck I bought lost a whole bunch of money (and time) when he sold it to me. Therefore I have a fully restored truck which I got for about half the money and hardly any hours invested. I think this approach is fine for the guy who has already put in countless thousands of hours in previously doing restorations :)

Lots of these trucks came without an oil filter so a lot of aftermarket filters were put on . They are for sale on ebay or if there is a junkyard in your area that has the older vehicles you can find an oil filter there . That truck is a beauty . The swap meets have them too . 

Nice looking truck. Few deviations from 100% stock but it looks well done. Does it have the stainless bars on the lower grill? A 41-42 should have them. Yes as the other guys said find a junkyard or look on ebay for a filter.

Yes, but seeing as how I have a copy of the factory build sheet, and it specifies an oil filter with a part number "602-B-16", I'd sure like to find one of them...

Yes, but seeing as how I have a copy of the factory build sheet, and it specifies an oil filter with a part number "602-B-16", I'd sure like to find one of them...

Thanks, JB. My build sheet oil filter description reads "Del Oil Filter" so I guess I'll look for a T-handle Deluxe Oil Filter Cannister like the one in this photo. 

PC300178.jpg

Please let me know if anyone would be open to selling me one ...

Thanks!

Thanks, JB. My build sheet oil filter description reads "Del Oil Filter" so I guess I'll look for a T-handle Deluxe Oil Filter Cannister like the one in this photo. 

PC300178.jpg

Thanks!

check thru the classifieds and/or post a parts wanted ad would be your best bet

• Like 1

PC300178.jpg

Thanks!

The DeLuxe Oil filter in that picture was found on Ebay. My engine didn't have a filter when I bought the truck. I found that one after passing on a few others that went for "too much $$$". 

Merle

• 2 weeks later...