Where do i get the vacuum advance on the distributor??

so i have my old 1950 dodge b2c and im rebuilding my engine well making it look new again and painting it and cleaning it in the process i am pulling everything apart cleaning and painting things when i took off my distributor i realized that my Vacuum advance on the distributor isnt working i pulled it off and sucked on it surely enough nothing happened and i already rebuilt my distributor and dont feel like buying a whole new one were can i get this part? i went to 3 [parts stores and they had nothing. im hoping this will fix my trucks running issues thank you !

ill [post before and after pics of my engine later for all you interested it looks beautiful for only spending 200 dollars spiffing it up and some elbow grease 

look in the resources...Terrill Machine shop I think it is....or do a search on those words...2 second search..here it is...

Terrill Machine

1000 County Rd 454

De Leon TX, 76444

Call and talk to Feltz

(254) 893-2610

i did a search i came up with nothing all it said was how to rebuild the distributor and how it worked or where to get new ones at. all i need is someone who has one or knows where to get them or other vehicles that would be adaptable 

i did a search i came up with nothing all it said was how to rebuild the distributor and how it worked or where to get new ones at. all i need is someone who has one or knows where to get them or other vehicles that would be adaptable 

Have you called Feltz at Terrill Machine as Plymouthy Adams suggested? For years here they have been mentioned as a vendor that can rebuild your vacuum advance.

my post to do a search was to find Terrill...and as I posted it was a two second till I found it by search words...I posted their name and number for you...I will stop at that and let you make the phone call.. :D ....

• Like 1

my post to do a search was to find Terrill...and as I posted it was a two second till I found it by search words...I posted their name and number for you...I will stop at that and let you make the phone call.. :D ....

yeah i called they were probably closed im going to find a similar advance tomorrow hopefully and then if i dont ill give him a call haha thanks guys

You can probably find a NOS or a used vacuum advance easily. Then you can spend the time and energy to install it. However unless the advance pot you find does not have a new rubber diaphragm that is impervious to todays corn enriched gasoline it will soon fail. Were it me I would call Terrill during normal business hours and get a rebuilt unit from him that has the new rubber parts.

But you should do what ever makes you feel good.

so my engine its done and running and everything but i found out that my water pump is bad and if i go to a parts store and they pull up my specific truck 1950 dodge b2c there doesnt seem to be a new water pump for it so i thought if i got it from another vehicle same year same engine the pump would probably be the same well i searched a 1950 dodge coronet and this is the page i got, http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MWP2/58459/01398.oap?year=1950&make=Dodge&model=Coronet&vi=1331806&ck=Search_01398_1331806_191&pt=01398&ppt=C0331 

my question is the backing plate that mates to the engine doesnt seem to have the same one that mine does. so could i buy the new pump and swap backing of my old broken water pump to the new one?? ik its a stupid question i just dont have the money to go and buy the wrong parts and not have them work. thank you any information about how i could make a new one work thats not vehicle specific would be great!! 

You can probably find a NOS or a used vacuum advance easily. Then you can spend the time and energy to install it. However unless the advance pot you find does not have a new rubber diaphragm that is impervious to todays corn enriched gasoline it will soon fail. Were it me I would call Terrill during normal business hours and get a rebuilt unit from him that has the new rubber parts.

But you should do what ever makes you feel good.

The only difference between the 2 is 1 hole for the bypass. If you don't need it you can either swap plates or weld the hole shut. I think a few have relied on the gasket to seal it but I wouldn't. Also swapping plates should allow you to use the gasket supplied with the pump.

NAPA has a nice looking water pump...take a look at some other water pumps for comparison  :cool:

I made the trek to Terrill Machine back in '04...the business is run out of his house out in the country, and they have had some rough weather in those parts for the last 3 weeks, so he may not have phone or electric service at times.  There is a wealth of information in that house, so ya may have to be patient & call back some other day to do some business.

Edited by JBNeal
  • Like 1