Official Drive Your Flathead Mopar To Work Thread

Hi all, had to drive the ole Fargo to work this morning, had no choice as daily drivers were used by other family members.

The drive is 30 miles, mostly single lane highway, cool this morning near freezing temps, cruised at 55-60 mph.

I had a choice of this or my Polaris Quad.

I will post pics after work..............Please post your driving to work posts and pics....

• Like 1

what bout all we good ole boys that are retired...closest we come to driving to work is moving the car to cut the grass...being retired I want to be sure you folks understand....no more paid vacation, no more sick leave, I lose 10 paid holidays and on top of all that I used to get full pay just to go walking six hours each pay period...retirement...you LOSE benefits I tell ya...be sure to think this thorough guys

• Like 1

what bout all we good ole boys that are retired...closest we come to driving to work is moving the car to cut the grass...being retired I want to be sure you folks understand....no more paid vacation, no more sick leave, I lose 10 paid holidays and on top of all that I used to get full pay just to go walking six hours each pay period...retirement...you LOSE benefits I tell ya...be sure to think this thorough guys

Yup, those of you that do not have to work, anymore, well get up to go to some workplace that is.

Well in that case, those who used there truck/car, to run errands, pickup wood/building supplies, drove the Little woman to the grocery store, or to the Beauty Parlor.

I reckon anybody who uses there old Mopars for some use or purpose other than pleasure, not that is a bad thing....Tim I know you are working hard in that Georgia heat getting your's ready for the road.

Take a picture of your car in front of the donut shop while you have coffee with the other old fogeys

The miles I log on the typical customer run are a little more then I'd like to bang around in the truck, but we'll see when it hits the road again if it gets a little better with the much quieter cab, bucket power seat and the power steering...here's hoping!

well I JUST changed jobs this week, my 2 mile commute has gone to a 17 mile commute thru the center of St. Paul...FEF will no longer be able to drive me to work unless I want a REALLY long ride home in stop and go traffic.

I drove the 48 to work last tues and wed since the heater core in the Dakota started leaking. Didn't take any pictures though.

just think Ed...in a couple years the Dakota will be classified as an antique

In MN its only 20 years so we're there already.

ah...the factoring in of life in the rust belt....shazaam...can I interest you in an antique Dakota...(90 model)  you need come this way and buy you a good body to take home

yes

My commute is 30 miles in about 40 mins to the foothills.

If I take The Brick...hmmm....... @ 150mph / 60 mins = 2.5 miles per min        30 miles / 2.5mpm = 12 minutes to work

Hey.....I think I'll take the truck to work more often and get a longer nap before work! lol

48D  

Been driving this one regularly to work since 2010. Here it is at Leigh High School in San Jose last summer while checking up on a paving project. I got a new job last fall and the commute went to 35 miles each way, three days a week. It was tuff! I have since upgraded to another vehicle, but the truck gets better gas mileage!

Ear plugs required!

post-1481-0-25920800-1432227813_thumb.jpg

Edited by John-T-53

You young fogies will come to understand someday. One of the Greatest benefits of retirement is no daily commute, no alarm clock, just car fun days.

attachicon.giffogies.jpg

It doesn't look like retirement will be an option for us "young folk" anyway... :-/

• Like 1

Before I retired, I worked from home for awhile.  I regularly took one of the PH's out on the daily coffee run during good weather.  I'm assuming that this counts.  I always wanted to take it to the IBM plant in Poughkeepsie, but the commute during peak hours would have been rough with that left hand entrance to route 9 from the Mid Hudson Bridge.  Accelleration is not one of the strong suits of these vehicles and with some of the idiots on the road today, there is no patience for others.

V8 that sucker and let the good times roll........IBM (I've Been Moved) though about applying work for them based on the very equipment I was experienced with in the military...rather glad I did not...glad I also did not go to the other parent company...northern location...would not have been happy I don't think...got a bit accustomed to the south the few years before joining the military.