52 Willy's leaf spring shackle on 52 dodge truck

Has anyone used these they look identical. Maybe a little bit shorter. Just wondering if any one used them and if they can be used on all four corners or if threads only allow one side? (From my searching some have left hand threads.)

Edited by hernk1

Hey I have been a Willys jeep guy for a long time, and I remember that they used to swap a shackle off of the old power wagons to give a 1 inch lift...2" longer shackle I guess.

I have never done it, but it seems logical.

From the 39-47 dodge truck sight I've been told you can use the bushings but not the shackle itself. They claim the slight height difference won't work on the dodge( they said only 1/2 in diff) anyway I'm going to order some soon and try it.

• 2 weeks later...

are shackle hangers (the part riveted to frame) threaded on 52 dodge truck

Just wondering if the are threaded. Previous owner made shackles out of bolts so I'm assuming if hanger brackets are threaded that threads would be junk. If they are junk any one else use a different style hanger off of newer vehicle? Any ideas greatly appreciated. Not looking to restore just want to get on road as cheap as possible.

I sent you a PM earlier this morning once I saw the Database issue from last night.  Good luck on your search for replacements hangers if needed.

Edited by Phil363