1952 B3B rebuild

I am rebuilding my 52 B3B and am attempting to make my own wiring harness. I have found a nice set of wiring instructions and drawings called david's wiring harness. It only lists B2, B1, B4 everything but my B3B. Does anyone know if the wiring is the same for all of the types and year models? Some of these have much more wiring than I pulled out of my old truck. I have attached a picture of my truck wiring laying on a table, if I did this right? any help here would be appreciated. I need to send a list of wire colors, wire length and gauge to Tom's engine barn and order the wire I need for the harness.

Also Does anyone have a B3B with a courtesy light not on the ceiling but on the back wall above the rear window? I need a picture from someone to show me where it is supposed to be installed. My trim was gone when I got the truck and the light was just hanging on the seat. 

If anyone out there can help me out I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you

Steve

post-7234-0-21043500-1431986362_thumb.jpg

I am currently working on the interior of my cab. I see no special holes to mount a light, though I do think the light was in the back/center. It may have been mounted in the pressed paper interior and it may have been an option only item, never an oem item.

I wired my truck twice. I now have two (2) wiring kits on the shelf. I had ordered one and could not find it, then ordered a 2nd and low an behold I found the first, but by then I was 90% into a self wiring project.  Not all that difficult but absolutely NON FORGIVING.

I will not wire another vehicle, case closed.

post-34-0-66059300-1431988859_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-47963900-1431988895_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

I thought I took high quality photos of everything during my tear down phase  for my B-3-B .. until I went looking for a photo showing the location of the light you are looking for. 

There was one grounding wire that went to the cab frame above the window (see pflaming's 1st photo on the left above and the smallest hole just right of center of the window was were my grounding wire was attached to) and the light itself clips into the headliner on one side and is held in place on the other side with two small screws / clips in the headliner as well.  

Update 19 May; Just removed my truck photo I had of the cab showing the Dome light mounting location since I put the link to Keven's great photo below.  I also just added the grounding wire location photo for my truck as well.

The wire for power ran over the driver's door and down the A pillar to the headlight switch.

My B-3 Shop manual has the wiring diagram for our series truck on page 198-Electrical system ... I saved it from PDF to jpeg format and color coded the wires ... will go hunt for it and upload here later as an update / edit.  I did this after seeing several other members work for their series vehicle electrical system.  Slide two is just something I made up to keep the terminal block connection points for the front headlights and parking lights straight in my head. You can clearly see where the  courtesy / Dome Light connects to the light switch in the diagram.

PS: final update; just added a black and white original electrical diagram as it is easier to see the specific connection points on the light switch for the wires.

You can see B-1B Keven's photo which pretty much matches our B-3-B location for the dome light embedded in the headliner at this link (just searched the truck forum with "Dome Light" as a search term ... http://p15-d24.com/topic/29998-dome-light-placement1952-dodge-b3/?hl=%2Bdome+%2Blight

Phil

post-7088-0-57217700-1431997531_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-92037100-1431997532_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-44923800-1432001579_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-43554100-1432085516_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil363
  • Like 1

here's a wiring diagram that might help...it has an optional headlight relay circuit, among other things...here's some info on the dome lamp that references some good photos in Bunn's book  :cool:

I will be using this one for the Signal Stat switch wiring when I put my truck back together and install new turn signals.  All of my wires from the switch on my Signal Stat 700 on the colum were just cut off and hanging below my dash.