what can i use between windows

halftrack

I am just getting into fixing a couple of issues with a 1940 dodge 2 door sedan.   A little background.   This was my father in laws car .  He passed away a few years ago.  my wife wanted to restore and make a tribute car.   I am new to the old dodge scene.   What goes between the front drivers window and the wing window?   does anyone have pics of this?  The pass side has a chrome strip glued to the window kind of guiding it up.  should the drivers one have one to?   And does anyone have any ideas where I could find one?   Also the hood will not stayed latched it is currently bungie corded down.  How do these adjust or is how do they work  I cannot seem to figure it out and its driving me bonkers.   Thanks in advance.

Halftrack........welcome to the best mopar forum around, these guys know their stuff........I also have a 1940 Dodge, although mine is an Oz Plodge as its sometimes referred to as here the Mopar assemblers used basically Plymouth bodies with Dodge grilles, badges and trim....I've had my car since 1971 but its been a hotrod since 1973 so there are a few things that will not be the same as your car...........lol........mine is a D15 series which was the export car........anyway to answer your question, yep there is a metal strip that is "pressed" onto the leading edge of the front door window that when fully up has an area that the "L" fuzzy or weatherstrip is attached to and gives the vent window something to "seal" against..........as for the hood.........in the pic of my car you can see the hood goes to the very front of the car, this is a Plymouth hood that was used on cars here in Oz, also the fenders, headlight surrounds, bumpers etc........lol........anyway the hood handle has a couple of rods that go front/back inside the open hood area and attach to a "clamp" that engages with the "edge" of the hood and clamps the hood shut..........as far as I know these clamping things are the same for both 1940 Dodge and Plymouth cars so this may help in you obtaining the parts.........there is no actual adjustment of the hood clamps as such.........I have posted a couple of pics that may or may not help showing what should be there, the 3rd pic has a close view of one of the 2 clamps on each side and you can also see the rods underneath the side panel edge going to the front/back clamps and the 4th pic shows both sides.............do you have any pics of what you actually have on your car as that may help to aloow us to offer some ides etc............anyway regards from Oz...........Andy Douglas         

post-612-0-38223100-1431608479_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-51207600-1431608537_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-91996000-1431608601_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-29458400-1431608757_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-27195000-1431608841_thumb.jpg

Also a couple of suggestions.........its worthwhile getting a copy of a workshop manual, also a parts manual and I have found the paper catalog that Andy Bernbaums used to print to be very useful in determining what parts are what, especially here in Oz......tho I'm not sure if the paper catalog is still available, however their online catalog can be print out and would surffice..............lol........andyd