Cross country trip

pflaming

I'm supposed to be on vacation next week myself, but it won't be nearly so glorious as this trip. That's fer dang sure.

Nice Photos Paul. I haven't ridden behind a horse in a coons age.

Update, our lodging contact in flint, MI fell out so we put the hammer down and drove on up to the Mackinow Lake area that day. So that has put us up a day on our schedule and messed up our Hinklet meeting with Ed, add to that we have a newly formed urgency in Winnipeg. Really bummed we missed Ed.

Some shots along the way. Mac Island a bit of a let down after Niagara on the Lake and the falls. Duluth, Mn was interesting, Most of the top of mi, wi all wilderness.

I will let you identify views and interesting vehicles along the way.

To be continued.

What? No available motels in Flint?

my bet: none that are not burnt out, currently a meth lab or house of ill repute...

that city has ISSUES!

To be continued.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gif

I shared this photo with an old friend of mine who spent many summers as top bell at the Grand Hotel. Here is his comment

post-16-0-21450900-1438630631.jpg

Dan Dewey ... an old Friend - Bill Chambers - standing in front. Someone had to be right in front at ALL times !!! ... Bicycles scared the horses more than anything else? A bike falls in front of them and they are off to the races! Standing the guard when the horses panic they could hold them back long enough to get the folks off the Carriage! Bill and the Tour guys took this VERY seriously !!!

we are now in Winnipeg, arrived last night. Our brother in law has an irregular heart problem. an hour ago his wife, a nurse, called the ambulance on a preventative run to the hospital to calm things down. We pray all will be well.

We are members of host a family program called MENNONITE YOUR WAY so have been staying with members. our connection in flint, mi fell through so we jumped ahead a day. Thus we missed our connection with Ed, which was very disappointing. Not at all certain what tomorrow will bring.

We have been traveling in a hallway of trees since WV. We broke into open fields now in Canada. I'm not on my computer so cannot send pics at this time.

Will update later today.

Met a POC member today and saw his cars, very, very nice. Yesterday went to a museum and found this truck on the road. Also some I saw a couple days ago. We leave Friday on our last leg home, via Montana, Yellowstone, upper Utah, then Yosemite.

Will make a blog after the trip.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Now in Billings, MT. Tomorrow Bear Tooth Pass, then on Tuesday Yellowstone. The upper NW corner of ND is absolutely incredible. These are some random shots.

Edited by pflaming

In the South Western corner of far North Dakota

I found a strange creature they call the Iota

But I know I'll find an Iota much finer

In the North Eastern corner of South Carolina....

(My apologies to TGS)

Drove from Jackson Hole WY to Provo UT today. It is a stunning drive

We head for Tonapah, NV tomorrow. Trees and water will not be present and the temperatures will rise.

Congratulations!!!

Thats what I call a vacation road trip!

Thanks for all the pictures and updates.

Bob

Once I get reorganized, I will post a blog of our trip. Here are a few pics from our last few days. The collection is from Bear Tooth Pass just above Yellowstone.

My cat is now hiding out in NYC. He. Has a new hair dresser!

attachment=55211:image.jpg]

Edited by pflaming

We ended our 9,000 mile trip in our back yard, Yosemite National Park. Thes pictures are above the valley

attachment=55213:image.jpg]

Edited by pflaming