Cross country trip

pflaming

Current plans: June 10 to flagstaff, AZ., to Grand Canyon, monument valley, Durango, Co., to Denver, Co., to Salina, Ks., to central Mo., to Indianapolis, In., to Hagerstown, Md., to Brattleburg, Vt., to Bath, me. Eta in bath July 3.

August 10 to Niagara Falls, to upper Michigan, to Winnipeg to see wife's sister. Several days there then home via Yellowstone . Two weeks from Bath to home.

Most days only around 300 +\- just easy driving. If you are near this route we would like to meet up. Will post one more final route on Off Topic thread when penned in.

• Like 2

Please forgive me, but on this one our 2009 Honda Accord.  Next trip planned is to drive the Phoenix out to Indianapolis and leave it with my daughter. I'm sound proofing these days, then a complete wet sand in preparation for a professional coat of clear colored PAINT!  That buffed out will be very eyecatching, maybe even a cat or two! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

SO . . . Eastward to Grand Canyon - 10, Durango, Denver, Salina,KS., DesMoines, IA (17), Peru, Il., Indianapolis (20-23), Berea, KY., Hawks Head State Park, WV., Hagerstown, MD(25 - 30), Cape May, NJ., Lancaster, MA. (1) , Bath ME ( 2-27.

Then westward to: Gloversville, NY (27), Niagara Falls (28), Flint Michigan (29), Mackinac Island (30), Champion, MI., Convick, MN., Winnipeg, ON., Canada (3 -7).   Wolf Point, MT (Fort Peck Dam) (7), Yellowstone, WY (10-11), Elko, NV (12),  Roseville, CA (13), then take the Gold Country HWY (foothills hwy) home, stop in and see Dave the Hauler.

We have this set up so we are at each destination by 3:00 p.m., before the highway heat and the crazy drivers.  Those along this route, let me know and we'll try to hook up for lunch or what ever.

Points of interest that determined the route: Grand Canyon, Mounument Valley, UT, Mesa Dwellers in Durango, CO., Relatives in KS., Trainland and Andy Washington in Des Moines, Amana Colonies, John Deere HDQ, Cape May, NJ, MAINE and Family.

Niagara Falls, Mackinac Island,MI, Canada, Montana, Wolf Point, Fort Peck, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, these are places one of both of us have never seen. We'll stay with five relatives, 10 Mennonite Your Way homes, 15 motels, and two forum members homes.  Estimated Mileage 7,000+.

We pray for safety, good health, and hookups with Forum Members.

PS: I think I spelled everything correctly!

Edited by pflaming

You folks ignore his Hawks Head WV...but for those that are interested, it is Hawk's Nest...I have been there a number of times...the lodge is great...PP may or may not find his way back tot he lodge when he takes the nature hike around the mountain..if you suffer vertigo..STAY AT THE LODGE....also...DON"T take the tram to the bottom of the gorge..

• Like 1

bummer you couldn't make your trip near MN coincide with the 50's show...you'd sell your CA place and move here (and we'd have to worry about firecats here then!  ;) )

• Like 1

He's only going to be about 6  I/2 hrs away from it at one point.   3 hrs from me when going through the Quad Cities, assuming he's running on I 80

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Grand Canyon, cliff dwellers, Pagosa springs, now in Denver. Arizona is truly fantastic beauty of all the sand colors, then into Colorado and the incredible green and the mountain peaks. Leave here on Monday for Kansas.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Currently in central Kansas, will drive to Des Moines today. Will learn how to post pics from ipad and send pics, very beautiful time of the year, very enjoyable.

SO . . .  westward to: Gloversville, NY. . . 

If you go in to town heading west on 29a, you'll pass Wilson's garage, next door is a little grey house where my dad was born. He used to trap in those woods for muskrat or something. We lived there in '64 when he was off to war.

There's a big new building right across the highway .2 miles further on. That was the site of the wooden 4-room schoolhouse where I attended 5th grade. Dad went to the brick Catholic school down town. One day he trapped a live skunk. He went to school anyhow, but the nuns sent him home due to the smell.

You folks ignore his Hawks Head WV...but for those that are interested, it is Hawk's Nest...I have been there a number of times...the lodge is great...PP may or may not find his way back tot he lodge when he takes the nature hike around the mountain..if you suffer vertigo..STAY AT THE LODGE....also...DON"T take the tram to the bottom of the gorge..

Tram? Gorge?

LOL, now I'm dying to go!

I love those things.

Now in Peru, IL. John Deere pavilion was all new machines on display. Many had ten foot high tires, huge machines. To Indianapolis tomorrow. We are with our daughter and husband. Will have him teach me how to post pics to the forum this morning. From central Kansas to here record breaking rain fall. The wheat fields are RIPE but they can't harvest, too wet. Great, great trip.!!

Saw these. What's unique about these two bikes?

Pic of Darlene and me at the Grand Canyon.

We are now north oh Indianapolis, in Westfield. Leave here on Tuesday. post-34-0-53821000-1434858788_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-00529500-1434858854_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-35350900-1434859116_thumb.jpg

• Like 1