Steering Sector

Ian Crombie UK

Hi Guys

I need someones help here

A buddy whose recently helped me out is in need of a Sector shaft for

a 36 Chevy coupe RHD model...11" freeplay is in need to be sorted.

Asked the question on Off Topics but no replies there

Looking at Canadians /Sth Africans or Australians i believe

Help would be appreciated.

RHD steering box parts are VERY HARD to come by, generally the only RHD specific parts are the worm and sector, however they are hard to find........has your mate looked into new bearings, bushes and seals(neoprene, not those leather shity things, lol) and a good rebuild/adjustment? which may help other thing to consider is what type of front suspension?.........I had a mate yrs ago who had a 1936 Chev Master Sloper which had  Dubonet(?) independent front end and my brother had a 1936 Chev Sedan with the semi elliptic front end and I think they used a different steering box design, but this would be nearly 40 yrs ago so bear with me.......lol........in the long run your mate maybe better off looking to see whether a late model steering box maybe a better choice, yeh, not stock but able to be driven again and pass your MOT............lol............regards, andyd      

• Like 1