spicer rear ends? 1949 dodge b1C

so i have this 1949 dodge parts truck its axle is different from my 1950 dodge b2c my dad and i realize the thing is a pain in the ass to push and turn and he asked me if there was a way to check what rear end this may have he thinks its a spicer. does anyone know if that was a factory option back in 1949?? he said it could make the value go up a few hundred or keep it to put in my original truck. any help would be great and if you have a 1949 4 speed truck could you show me a pic of your rear axles? if its any chance that a spicer would be on there that would be great!!

A spicer rear end was never  factory equipment evan as an option in any pilot house 1/2 or 3/4 ton trucks.

Bob

being a pain to push and different look may well say it is a posi-trac and maybe even possible upgrade axle over base unit...jack it up and verify if posi..posi-s have to break away the clutches internally and that requires quite a bit of force...truly a difference when trying to turn this car about using push power..the posted chart will help you a bit...

did they come with the factory option of a posy-track?

Never...

we see about every trick in the book here (and many still bring a chuckle)  and to that end I will repeat..look at the axle close..you could have an upgrade..(later unit) or some field marshal may was playing mr. posi with the arc welder...pretty common trick and still being done today...never ask WHY....just not a worth listening to most of the time