Museum Truck

So i went thru a museum yesterday and there was a dodge pickup. Paint was rough but the interesting part was they had it labeled as a 49. It looks like a B3 to me. The one thing i couldnt figure out is it had a window wings. Where these optional? My 50 has them but my 51 does not.

Wow I wouldn't believe much of what I saw in that place. Yes its a 51-53(can't see the rear fenders to see b3 vs b4). Its not a job related truck. The sign is also worded funny saying 3spd flathead on the column.

So i went thru a museum yesterday and there was a dodge pickup. Paint was rough but the interesting part was they had it labeled as a 49. It looks like a B3 to me. The one thing i couldnt figure out is it had a window wings. Where these optional? My 50 has them but my 51 does not.

post-6719-0-83215200-1429190170_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-32706000-1429190199_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-71465200-1429190258_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-94466000-1429190301_thumb.jpg

yah that's a B3...maybe should let them know?  Wing windows were optional and came with certain "level" of cab like the "delux" cab.

Most certainly a B3 ('51 or '52). The "DODGE" badge on the front is different on the B4's. Their curator doesn't know his vehicles very well then.

Not a bad looking truck though.

also can be determined via the dash trim.  this doesn't have the individual dodge letters, rather a one-piece shield.

I've never seen a "Job-Rated" badge painted like that.

yah of the 15 I have none are like that.  Also, several other things are wrong to be "all original"...

• Like 1

Looks like  a B-3 series fluid drive truck cheaply painted/pitted chrome and  has had many years and miles of use.

Nothing wrong with it just the way it is though. Too pretty ain't for me sometimes.

• Like 1

Kind of sad that a museum I'm guessing being dedicated to vehicles, can't even verify the info on one of the first ones you see. That or its owner is completely oblivious to what he owns. Now I'm going to technically have a 1950, but it's going to have a 51 hood and grill section, and I will call it a 1950....but I'm just being honest as to the original year of my truck.

15? Really? You're killing me. :)

yah, I tend to snap up cheap ones off Epay and have them on my wall, many are missing one or both of the bottom mounting tabs so they are really only worth wall art.  Hey a guy has to collect something besides doors (and tailgates)!

Fargo, so did I! Wondered how he hung a truck, but then I don't drink MN beers! Lol

Regarding the museum, unimaginable that a museum would 1) put in truck with so many little mistakes, 2) mislabel the trucks year. Yet, nice to have a Dodge on display.

Edited by pflaming

I have yet to see a 1948-53 dodge truck on display in a museum.

There are always fords, chevs studebakers of all years and models.

It must be the look of the dodges... not good enough looking.

Maybe when we can no longer enjoy our trucks, we should will them to museums. Then we know they would not likely be crushed.

Paul, that sound better than what Julie has in mind post-6005-0-38575600-1429461258_thumb.jpg  :huh:

I'd better get them moving :D

• Like 1