My 47 project.

craigs47mopar

This is my first post. I am new to the whole restoration process, and I'm going to be putting a big block in it and not sure what to use for the front suspension. I was going to use an s10 frame but heard mixed stories about that so am sorta confused now on what to use because obviously I would rather use all mopar stuff. Any help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for your time.

This is my first post. I am new to the whole restoration process, and I'm going to be putting a big block in it and not sure what to use for the front suspension. I was going to use an s10 frame but heard mixed stories about that so am sorta confused now on what to use because obviously I would rather use all mopar stuff. Any help and knowledge would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for your time.

confused...you said restoration and then said putting in big block, frame clip...want to use x parts but not sure...what is your exact plans and final objective.  More details of your intentions will gather a bit more information from the membership.  Some can help withrestoration some can help with retrofitting and upgrades...hard to do both as they don't crossover

Plymouthy I am wanting to use my original frame and don't know if the suspension will hold the weight of the big block, or if I have to go with something else. And I want power steering. I am just wanting a cruiser not a racer. Hopefully this helps a little more. I'm learning as I go, sorry for confusion.

frame will do fine...the big block is not going to be any heavier than the flattie combo.....search a few threads here with key words like 440 big block etc...plenty of folks done these modifications..I included...also you can install R&P, lowering spindles, relocated shocks and newer better ratio rear gears to match the characteristic of your engine.intended build...but I cannot stress enough for one to build his car on paper first...you will save time dollars and headaches if you know you goal and stick with the plan..