All the gaskets you need plus more

BobT-47P15

The price all depends on quality.

If kanter parts? possibly import repro parts. I would not use them at any cost..JMO.

Are you saying stay away from Kanter's?

I stay away from IMO lower quality import replacement parts. Thats all I'm saying.

$(KGrHqF,!k0FJ,bPYiJgBSb1jOhOmw~~60_1.JP

Then I found this one...........for $167.88

Seller says:  Fresh engine gasket set for all 1942-52 Plymouth and Dodge passenger cars. Every gasket and seal needed for a complete overhaul of the 218/230 CID L-6 is included. Replaces MoPar p/n's 1311056 - 1325975 

Item specifics   Condition:

New                       

Part Brand: TVM  Country/Region of Manufacture:

United States              

Other Part Number: 906-044  

I went back to eBay to look for additional info about that first gasket set, but apparently it is off right now and will

probably be relisted before long.   Is there a concensus about whether metal or other material makes the best

head gasket? 

good thought there Casper.  I cannot tell you what I have, but presume it would need to be replaced if doing a rebuild of the

engine.  Are those items readily available at auto parts stores......or at any other source?

When I was collecting all the bits to build the hotrod 230 engine.........finned edgy head, Offy twin intake etc...I realised that the standard gasket set generally included a copper head gasket which is a no/no with an alloy head, after speaking to a guy here in Oz who plays with Frod flatheads he suggested contacting Best gaskets in the US.........which I did, they had no problem making a steel 230 head gasket to go with their standard mopar gasket set, all new parts, a good price and happy to deal with someone in Oz so I'd recommend contacting them, also their set contained all 2 or 3  of the different types of rear crank seals without me asking..........regards, andyd      

• Like 1

My thoughts are the first set shows pistons, rings, bearings, etc where as the second kit doesn't. A bit of an apple2orange comparison  :P

I also don't believe most of the after market gasket sets come with the rear main seals. A lot of them come with the chain case front seal, though.

Mopardude......the Best Gasket brand set did, rope and neoprene type seals......andyd