1885 machine shop

Plymouthy Adams

took an adventure to the next town over..this facility opend in 1885  still has working belt drops for the old macninery..lot os the original stuff still in use...was an experience and a half...the loft was full of old stock, old tools and what have you.  We were invited to walk around and just enjoy the atmosphere.  Next door was an old metal works shop..tad bit more modern..early 1900 machinery.   We bought some metal fall off for a couple projects..found the 1/2 x 3/4 flat stock in an 18 inch length..just what I was looking for..best 1.30 I spent today..aside from the dozen doughnuts to go with my fresh brewed coffee...couple pics of the one large lathe....the ceigling fans were also run off a single shaft setup...the fans were extremely ornate...they had style back in them days..

On the way home Jim and I remarked of all the future projects that was laying on the floor...all fall off was just cast aside the machine and left laying...one heck of a set up...

post-19-0-68583700-1428511890_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-17526600-1428511893_thumb.jpg

post-19-0-39080500-1428511895_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

did not see the original steamer..but was told that modern single motor now the power source.   The place is just chocked full of memories of farm machinery and stuff I grew up and recognized as old at that time...Pulleys, gears, link belts super wide fan belts, (inches not partial inch)  this would be a good tour for any future event I plan...