Need guru for Stromberg BXVD's

casper50
Go to solution Solved by casper50,

This is the first time that I've rebuilt carbs so have some pity on a newbie.  I have recently rebuilt two Stromberg BXVD's to use on my dual carb setup.  I kept the single carb manifold on so that I could test each one after I rebuilt them.  When testing them as a single, both carbs idle very nicely, when I give each gas they both will hesitate, sometimes belching fuel and air mix out of the carb, then they will catch and rev nicely. I have just received my new Uni-Syn Carburetor Balancing Instrument but have not used it as of yet since I'd like to fix the hesitation first. 

I remember having the same problem.  My solution was to go with a different carb, but I had a different path for my engine.

I would first check and see what hole on the accelerator pump arm the carb is set for and adjust that first.  It just may need more or less gas when you hit the accelerator.