What is this part called?

47heaven

Does anyone know the name of this round ring part that fills in the space between the ignition switch and chrome control panel below the dash? Not sure of the exact name of it, or part number, but I'm sure the diagram can explain what part I'm talking about. It's for my P-15, but I'm sure it would the same in other 46-48 Chrysler cars. The locksmith lost my original one when I had him remove the cylinder. Who may carry one of these, by chance? 

I already tried Ebay and Andy's, with no results.

Filler%20Ring.jpg

Thanks,

Darin

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Arrogance is a creature. It does not have senses. It has only a sharp tongue and the pointing finger.” 

•  

The part number for the ignition lock switch bezel is 1149894

• Like 1

I would also have referred to that part as the ignition switch "ferrul" however bezel may also be appropriate.........andyd

• Like 1

Gentlemen. thanks for your input! This really helps a lot because now I know the name of the piece, which really will help in the search for it. John, thanks for the valuable link.

(To the moderator who tried to bounce this topic to the back of another one....now do you see why it's not always a good thing to do it YOUR way?)

Edited by 47heaven

Hey 47, You are welcome, anytime. Moore lists a lot of '46 P 15's at his yard and I'd be surprised if he can't help you. Dodges in that group probably used the same bezel as well.

John R

I would think that these guys should have a bunch kicking around that will fit your car. Good luck to you.

John R

http://mooresautosalvage.com/

John....I called these "good 'ol boys," and they do have my part. The only problem is that they want $50 for it. I asked the guy why he so steep on the price. He told me that it would take some time getting it out. I laughed and told him, "All you do is unbolt the ignition switch from the dashboard and the bezel comes right off"  He said, "We'll yeah, but we gotta pay our boy to go out there and take it off, plus shipping." I told him I'd think about it (yeah right!)  Too funny!

Thanks for answering my post, though.

Edited by 47heaven

Sorry about that. That is waaaay over the edge. Maybe check out Hemmings or google other yards and possibly find one that wants to actaully sell parts. I hope you can score one.

John R

• Like 1

I do have extra parts from a special deluxe parts car I stripped a few years ago. If I locate what I think your looking for I will post a pic. If I do have what your looking for I will hook you up. Will be able to look over the weekend.

• Like 1

I do have extra parts from a special deluxe parts car I stripped a few years ago. If I locate what I think your looking for I will post a pic. If I do have what your looking for I will hook you up. Will be able to look over the weekend.

Great! Just send me a private message when and if you do come across it. We take it from there. Thanks!

Great! Just send me a private message when and if you do come across it. We take it from there. Thanks!

This is why your thread got moved and almost deleted!

As a side note:

A Bezel is a trim.

A Ferrule is a reinforcement.

They are defined by function, not looks, and one can easily look like the other. They just do different things.

As a side note:

A Bezel is a trim.

A Ferrule is a reinforcement.

They are defined by function, not looks, and one can easily look like the other. They just do different things.

Yeah, that makes sense. That's why I wanted to find out for sure.  Thanks for the clarification on that. 

Wow. This site has regulations now that frankly leave me confused. I submitted a post recently showing a photo of several '36 Plymouths and it was quickly shoved to the OT section but yet other posts containing subjects that are not Plymouth related are discussed on the forum with no problem. It almost seems that it is not so much the content of the post that decides its fate but rather who the poster is. Having old cars and maintaining them is fun and people involved in this hobby should help each other which for the most part happens here but I don't understand why some of the rules have become so strict.

John R