Hi Folks, New Old Member returns....

doctor dirt

I have a new/old car to show you all.................I sold my 49 D29 and made a friend out of the deal too. Bought a 04 T-Bird that was fun for about 5 months and now I'm back to where I belong with a beautifull 1951 business coupe thats pretty loaded with goodies.

The "over drive", twin carb set up with a beautiful exhaust system, and dual blowers for heat & defroster. Much more to show in time.

I'm feeling pretty good lately and actually traded the T-Bird for a 88" Cadillac ElDorado Barrittz in mint condition along with a few semoles'.

The Caddy is very nice (4.5 engine) but I missed the old muscle and seeing the Dodge every once in a while hurt. The fellow who bought it had every little thing fixed in a week. He was brought up in Detroit and has alot of experience with these autos.

I'm sure I'll have questions soon as the car arrives it's is in Calif. and I just made arraingments with a transporter. I'll get some pics once it arrives.

Sorry Plymouthy hahaha the pest is back but LOOK..............it's a Plymouth y Car!!!!!

Doc

Edited by doctor dirt

thanks men have any young good looking women joined or is still "old testosterone" here? HA!!!

Talk soon oh yeah this one is a 12 Volt car, so it is a "modern old car"!!

Doc

The Tim Man!

• Like 1

Is the correct model for my business coupe a "1951 Plymouth Deluxe P22" or is it a "Plymouth Concord P22"?

I'm putting together specs for the model year and seeing Deluxe and Concord used to describe the car, any help?

Morning all Doc.

The model number if you will of the 49 and 50 (17 & 19)  is referred to as a Deluxe..the 51/52  (P-22) is referred to as a Concord.

many owners just refer to them as the 111 wheelbase chassis and further define them as per body style,  Bz Cp,...Suburban (be it entry Suburban or high line Savoy) or fastback sedan... 53 introduce the single chassis for Plymouth

Thanks, thats probably why I see Deluxe and Concord used and this morning I saw a car listed as

1951 Plymouth Concord Deluxe P22............P22 will work for me!!!!

Heres the description used in the auction. The overdrive and Offy dual set up was impressive for me.

New Coker White Wall tires installed with the front end aligned. Plus new parts to rebuilt the front end suspension to go with car when sold.
New Master Brake, Wheel Cylinder and Brake Lines.
Rims and Stock Hub caps are in great shape.
Rear Differential checked, serviced and no problems found.
Rear Air shock installed with air pump and pressure gauge installed on dash.
New Drive line installed with up to date U-Joints.
3 speed Transmission with **Overdrive** Will do freeway speed without any problems!
218 C.I. Flathead six engine. When I brought this car I was told it had been rebuilt. However, they provide no paper work to verify this. Appears to run just fine !!
New 3 core Radiator keeps the car temperature at a cool 168 degrees all the time.
New water Pump + New one in box to go with sale of car.
Dual One Barrel Carburetors!
Offenhauser intake Manifold.
Dual exhaust Manifold (not split & welded) with new exhaust pipe & mufflers to the rear bumper.
Dual heater cores. One for the heater and one for the defrost system. Separate fan for each system.
Remote battery relocated to the trunk.
Have additional starter to go with car when sold.
All window tinted (Less the front window).
Third brake light install.
Emergency Flashers installed.
New 90 Amp Powermaster PowerGEN alternator.
Converted from a 6 Volt system to a 12 Volt system.
Electronics ignition system with high out put coil.
New Auto meter Gauges that fit stock dash panel.
Stock Radio and it does work!
Stereo with Am, FM, CD, two AUX inputs and Navigation System. 10 inch speakers nicely installed behind seats with amp.
New Interior and Roof liner.
New Bucket seats.
Sound proofing installed in the roof and floor.
New carpet.

Not 100% stock but not a torn up car either. I'll get some photos pasted soon, the car is simular to my 49 Dodge in over all appearance.
Doc
  • Like 1

Good , thanks TodF. the name was getting longer by the hour. Business Coupe would have worked nicely but car companies are

abit crazy with model names. Concord P22 should be confussing enough for the cruize in crowd. I say I'm going to those things every new car but I rarely

go. This time the guy who bought my Dodge will motovate me to get out on a friday nite for a ride.

Thanks Tod, Doc.

Thanks all, the car was picked up yesterday in Santa Rosa Calif. and I might see it on the 8th or 9th, thats pretty quick action.

Very excited to have MoPar back in the family, my dad and his cousin started a Dodge Dealership in the late 50's in New Haven, called

County Dodge. Tough times with those awfull looking early sixties cars that had scribbles for lines!!! We got through it though and the little A-bodies help carry the dealership along till the 64' and up styles came in.

Thanks again going to try and up load some pics soon.

Doc

Edited by doctor dirt

Heres some shots from the seller in Calif. nice guy who was very pleasant to work with.

The dual offy set up and headers are my favorite and the BW R10 handle is too!!

I tried to find both a while back for my 49 Dodge with no luck. I'm a happy MoPar Man again!

enjoy, and a "always thank you" to all the boys at P15--D24 forums.

Doc.

1951 Plymouth Concord P22 (business coupe)

post-5987-0-98125800-1428181442_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-67257000-1428181471_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-59550600-1428181491_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-60301800-1428181517_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-61493600-1428181535_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-68309400-1428181559_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-11423600-1428181579_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-02019400-1428181603_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-24913000-1428181626_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-14105400-1428181647_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-88027600-1428181667_thumb.jpg

post-5987-0-20321500-1428181697_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks db, and yes 51Cam it was there then it was gone........I mean mine!

I emailed the owner with about 20 questions and he got back to me in about 5 minutes and I hit the buy it now!

I think I got a pretty good deal....................... :rolleyes: ..................unless the pics were 20 yrs old :(  we'll see in about 4 days ;)

Ray.

...........thanks, The mods are period correct hot rod and the seats and console are an easy swap out. My 49 Dodge D29 was 100% stock so a little cheating with this was is ok by me!

I hope to have it on Thursday.

Doc

yes yes yes it is!!!! late late late tooooo

Car got in last night about 9pm naturally in the dark with a black car with an old blind man, great!

This morning the car is looking just as it was advertized, very nice clean car top & bottom. The engine bay is beautifull and the plumbing for the carbs

and headers are very cool and work really nicely. Great sound from the duals. The retro interior is Dodge I think from one of the truck in the late 90's not positive.

Ok I will make another thrtead in the "parts" area. This trunk was FILLED with parts such as a Tranny, Rear end pumpkin with gears, clutch plates,

6 pair of air shocks very clean. Head lamp bezels (8), rubber for windows and door jams all new! Lens (rear) starters (used)  etc etc........

I will photo them and with some help from the boys here ID them with accuracy instead of me guessing. I think theres some helpfull things here

and some "boat anchor" too! Theres a folder filled with NOS gaskets a box filled with wipers and blades.

I'll get to listing and photographing on Monday.

Fellows I'm not looking to become "parts king" or prince! If anyone needs this gear they pay for the shipping and packaging and I'll charge .50 a pound! HA!!!!

The car runs out strong and so far so good, thanks boys!!

Doc.