A Cruise In My '50 Plymouth

LODI3QTR

Has spring arrived in Long Island? Good to see green stuff. The engine picture looks like the engine forum member blueskies built several years ago.

No spring hasn't arrived as of yet we just got 3" of snow today. The video was done in September after I first got the car registered.  The friend that did the video added the engine pictures he found on line.....

Edited by LODI3QTR

That's a good looking 1950 Plymouth. Congratulations on getting it restored and running again. Was Gaynor Grey your car's original color?

I was tolled except for the exterior color the car is all original it has 32,000 miles on the Odometer. The interior is Gaynor Grey so I think it was the original color and will be one day. Thanks.....

Edited by LODI3QTR

You driving it up to Rhinebeck in May?.  It would be nice to meet you and see the wagon

Thanks for the Info, I knew nothing about it. I'll try to make it, the car runs good but I've only driven it on 25 mile trips each way at a time so far. I could tow it up there on my trailer, I know it'll make it that way.....LOL 

Edited by LODI3QTR

Beautiful ride in great condition! I grew up in a 49' Ply wagon just like yours. My mom had the car for about 5 years and it was handed down to me at 16 yrs. Not exactly the ride I wanted but I never said a thing hahaha used it for a year and sold it on my dads car lot.

Great torque and very comfortable ride. Mine was green with the same interiors as yours, yours is much nicer however.

Good luck great ride.

Doc.

• 3 weeks later...

The weather must have been warm for the drive movie........since the driver is barefoot...........

That engine resembles the one put together by Pete -- Blueskies --  for his brown 50 Plymouth.Again; The video was done in September after I first got the car registered.  The friend that did the video added the engine pictures he found on line.....

Again; The video was done in September 2014 after I first got the car registered.  The friend that did the video added the engine picture he found on line.....

Edited by LODI3QTR

That's a sweet old wagon. Thanx for bringing us along on the maiden voyage. I had a a '50 Plymouth beater sedan back in the 1970's that wasn't anywhere NEAR as nice, but I put it on the road street legal for $300 all in, including a free Dodge 230 engine I swapped into it.

Ah The 1970's..... If we only knew how much & fast thing would change.......... 

• Like 1