Vent assy

vht

I am building a 1951 3 passenger business coupe. I have the vent frame work but no glass. I can get glass cut, but the glass has the handles and I didn't get that with the car. I've thought about just getting glass cut and trying to put them in stationary but if I could pick up what I need at a reasonable price, I would. It seems the seal kits for these are a fortune. Thought maybe somebody had some laying around. I've got to get both side windows, and a windshield cut plus seals for everything. This is not a restoration, just a hot rod, so everything doesn't have to be perfect. Any help appreciated. May have asked on here before, but I'm getting closer, thought I'd try again. Parts for these aren't exactly laying around everywhere, that's for sure.

To my knowledge, the vent window glass slides into the frame and can be held in with an adhesive or double-edged tape.  They used to make vent window locks that would hook around the back edge of the glass and then catch the divider bar to hold the window closed.  They might still be available as a VW Beetle accessory.  The locks would work instead of the original handles you are missing.

Thanks, for the info. I just realized that the vent glass had a metal frame around it. I don't have that. I knew I was missing something, I even cleaned them up and primered them the other day and didn't think of that. Going to have to back up and rethink this.

Moore's, but I ordered two parts from them and waited weeks and a lot of phone calls to have them sent, then it arrived and they left out one part. A lot of waiting and more calls and still not sent.  And their prices are high for old iron.  What I bought was a spare tire wheel well, and I am not certain that they cut it out with enough metal left to make it work.

I once ordered a steering wheel from Moore's.  I specified that I wanted an unbroken original that only needed painting.  He said no problem.  What I received had both the rim and the arm broken with a piece missing, and the hub was cracked.  He got very indignant when I told him I was returning the wheel for credit.  I've never purchased anything from him since.

Marty