Winter Progress

Hi Barry,

Your truck is sure looking good. (especially the color...lol). Is the arm rest shown in the above photo original ? I have two different Mopar Arm Rests one with a stamped metal framework, the other plastic (kind of looks like yours). What is correct for the 51-53 series and just out of curiosity what is the correct arm rest for the 48-50 series trucks. Looks like you will have a wonderful summer with your truck. 

Looking through a historic book about my home town, look what I discovered: When I told my wife about it she said "Everytown had a truck like that"...

Nassau%20Appliance%20Truck_zpsoqacno3b.j.

Are you intending to replicate the lettering that your truck had ? I toy with the idea of having some sort of vinyl (removable magnet type ?) of signage sometimes. But after some 34 years of ownership, still have some things to do..

Hank :)  

Edited by HanksB3B

Hi Barry,

Your truck is sure looking good. (especially the color...lol). Is the arm rest shown in the above photo original ? I have two different Mopar Arm Rests one with a stamped metal framework, the other plastic (kind of looks like yours). What is correct for the 51-53 series and just out of curiosity what is the correct arm rest for the 48-50 series trucks. Looks like you will have a wonderful summer with your truck. 

Looking through a historic book about my home town, look what I discovered: When I told my wife about it she said "Everytown had a truck like that"...

Nassau%20Appliance%20Truck_zpsoqacno3b.j.

Are you intending to replicate the lettering that your truck had ? I toy with the idea of having some sort of vinyl (removable magnet type ?) of signage sometimes. But after some 34 years of ownership, still have some things to do..

Hank :)

Hank:

Although I gave it some thought soon after I bought the truck, I finally decided to eliminate the wrecker lettering and go with green (thanks to you). As for the armrest, I believe it is original (at least it was on the truck when I bought it), and the underside IS plastic.

Barry

Hank:

Although I gave it some thought soon after I bought the truck, I finally decided to eliminate the wrecker lettering and go with green (thanks to you). As for the armrest, I believe it is original (at least it was on the truck when I bought it), and the underside IS plastic.

Barry

for the B3/4 trucks the arm rest underside IS plastic, see FEF's/Barry's pictures.

• 5 weeks later...

while plowing thru the parts manual today looking up parts for someone, it is obvious which arm rests are for which trucks.  On page 23-8 it clearly shows the plastic version on the picture for B3/4 and a page later ( I think) the metal ones for the B1/2 trucks.

The appliances , especially the stove, are.about as interesting as the truck, neat find. And the street sign, pure provenance!

Edited by pflaming