Anyone else going to Rhinebeck in May?

Mark D

Hi Mark, we'll be there as well!   Never been to a real car show before.  Looking forward to it.   I'm in Western Mass close to the NY border (although we have NY plates) so only and hour or so away.

How do you think our 48 Dodge would be on the Teconic Parkway, if you familiar with that road.   

• Like 2

Late news from the Homefront. Blew a fuel line at the fuel pump at 5:30 tonight. Not gonna be able to drive the Plymouth but will be there. Planning arrival around 10:30am. Will be watching out for 40's mopars!

Too bad about Ruby,  Shane, Jessica, Adele and I will be there around 10 ish, leaving here around 9.  Ward, I will keep my eye out for the grand looking Desoto and Scott you also.  I expect to spend a good share of my time by the Grandstands with the Hudson Valley Chapter of the POC.  Look for an old fat guy with a "Gilligan" type hat on   LOL

• Like 1

A good day at Rhinebeck, got to meet up with Mark and his two buddies from the Netherlands, I got to see Ward;s Desoto, but no Ward, I even walked over there twice as a friend of mine was parked next to him with his '48 Pontiac.  I also got to meet Scott with his Dodge

post-668-0-64984800-1430678351_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-04511100-1430678387_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-53987500-1430678403_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bob did you know/talk to the owner of the wedgewood blue 51 plymouth in the background of the first shot you posted?

No I didn't Ed, he is rather local, but the whole time I was with the POC group, he wasn't around.   I did talk to Earl Buton, that is his 1932 Plymouth and he also had his '36 or '37 Wagon there.

Is there anything you want me to ask the owner?   Should see him again towards the end of June at Big Indian

Had a blast today! Grabbed a few things myself and the Hollanders loaded their arms with stuff too. Weather was great, met up with Bob and also got to meet Scott and his wife. Left with a new fuel line, plymouth will ride the streets of central mass again tomorrow!

A few pics of Marcel's car in the Netherlands.

post-3941-0-86595600-1430707962_thumb.jpg

post-3941-0-60599200-1430707995_thumb.jpg

post-3941-0-74312200-1430708041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark D
  • Like 2

No I didn't Ed, he is rather local, but the whole time I was with the POC group, he wasn't around.   I did talk to Earl Buton, that is his 1932 Plymouth and he also had his '36 or '37 Wagon there.

Is there anything you want me to ask the owner?   Should see him again towards the end of June at Big Indian

No just like to see 51-52s. Thought maybe you'd recruit the owner to join us

A nice day, and, it was nice meeting you all!   That was our first big car show...wow...so much bigger than I expected.   Also that was the first time we took the dodge further than 10 miles from home.  My wife, Terri is no fool, she made sure we had the number for Hagerty towing programmed into her cell.  But the car performed flawlessly...although a little hard to start when it was hot.  

Looking forward to the drive in August.  

Scott

• Like 1