Anyone else going to Rhinebeck in May?

Mark D

I've got some friends from Rotterdam coming over in May and they're desperate to expirience some US car culture.  It's early in the season here in New England so I figured Rhinebeck would be a good place to spend the day with them, (even though I will be trapped all day on the grounds).  I sent my $10 registration in yesterday, anyone else going?

yep, they dont let you out until 5pm.  Greg and I had to break out two years ago when we went.  However the variety was large and the flea market was a good take.  This time I will take the next day off so there's no rush.

I'm guessing that you can leave, but your car is held hostage.  Often at car shows, some people drive off early, and as the closing hour approaches few cars are left.  The late-comers have less and less to look at.  I don't know a good answer.  I'm one of the ones who might leave an hour or so before closing, earlier if the weather is bad.  

I just bought a 48 Dodge.  I'm not far from Rhinebeck at all, in western Mass.  Never been to there.  Worth while going for a new commer to all this?

It's an excellent show and swap meet.  The fairgrounds where it's held has nice food and clean restrooms.  Attend if you can.

• Like 1

I just bought a 48 Dodge.  I'm not far from Rhinebeck at all, in western Mass.  Never been to there.  Worth while going for a new commer to all this?

Welcome Scott.  Great to have another Mass guy on the board. Love to meet you at Rhinebeck, please let me know if you go. The year I went, the show was very good.  At least 5 other 40's vintage mopars in the corral with myself and greg g.  Something else to put on your calendar, a few of us board members are putting together a little get together weekend in August (20-23) right in that area.  Love to have you and your dodge at that event too.

Mark

Drove to a car show in your neighborhood two years ago. New Marlborough MA... quaint little town, event took place on the town green.  

Yes Sunday is the day for the classics. Look forward to meeting you.

• Like 1

Wasn't sure if that was a regular yeraly thing or if it changed from year to year.  You've been more than I have Bob, so I am guessing its consitent?

New Marlborough is just down the road from me.   It is nice here, although been cold this year.   Our Dodge was delivered in January from NV.   Been waiting to take it out.  

Look forward to meeting you too.

Cheers.

• Like 2

August 20-23 I've save the date.    There is also a car show in the town of Great Barrington here in south Berkshire county.  usually around August 4th or so.  They shut down the main street from 4 to 9.   Basicly the whole town becomes a car show.   All kinds of cars.   Last year there was even a 55 gallon drum with an engine and wheels.   It's a real nice evening.   The stores, restaurants bars and the ice cream shop are all open.   $10 to benefit the Fire Dept.  Past years I've taken the old Jeep down there.  

• Like 1

I've seen that one advertised. If I'm around and the heat isn't too bad, maybe we'll head down that way. Glad to have you join the gang in late August. Looking forward to a good time.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this to the top of the list seeing as we're on the tip of the weekend. Will be headed out to Rhinebeck early Sunday morning with a couple of fellow old car guys from Holland that I've hosted for the past week. Not quite sure if the Plymouth will be on the road for Sunday, but I caught a call from the garage today and the mechanic seem to think he was going to have it done for tomorrow although I'm not sure how comfortable I feel taken this thing on a six-hour round-trip with a fresh transmission. Hope to see if you more if you folks there.

• Like 1