What is it?

Can anyone give me some help as to what these are and how they install on the motor. I dropped the oil pan because I wasn't getting oil pressure, cleaned out the sludge, reinstalled oil pan. I am now getting oil pressure when I crank the motor. Checked the manual but don't see a reference for these. B4B 218 Thanks

post-6059-0-81468900-1425252170_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Oil Soup

Now you have to chop up perfectly good O-rings to get two 1" straight pieces for the front aluminum retainer plate?

OMG! :huh:

Notice the Taiwan seals?  I think thats the O-rings now we must cut up to fit.. Just stupid that they cannot supply two straight rubber seals.

Ranting over.

Can anyone give me some help as to what these are and how they install on the motor. I dropped the oil pan because I wasn't getting oil pressure, cleaned out the sludge, reinstalled oil pan. I am now getting oil pressure when I crank the motor. Checked the manual but don't see a reference for these. B4B 218 Thanks

attachicon.gif100_1851.JPG

If memory serves, on the bottom of the block there are 4 small grooves, 2 in front and 2 in back.  They go in those (once you cut them into small ~1" lengths.