Hello I'm new :-D

Since the fire my switch went intermittent, so I bought a new one. I do nt like lights which have a mind of their own. The new switch has a fuse, the OE has a relay. Best to you as you continue.

What type of switch did you get? I felt mine getting hot.. Dont like that.

First drive since 1982. About 300 Feet? :lol: No brakes. the transmission and clutch work really well, but she smokes...A LOT after warmng up for about 5 minutes. Dang it! Guess its time for rings. Hopeing its just burning out old crap including old gas. But I know better.

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o584/mcaincr/1951%20Dodge%20B3-C/1st%20drive_zpsw4stydbs.jpg

Soooo ugly, Shes pretty :P

Edited by Hell_City_Saint

Yep! those are them! Are they technicall called "Bullet Connectors"?

I think so? A good hardware store or automotive shop should know what you mean. If they don't just ask to see their selection of terminals. If you can, bring your light switch with as there are a couple different sizes for the bullet part.

• Like 1

I bought my new switch at a NAPA type parts house. Downside I can't use OEM knobs. I do little night driving to date but good fishing in the near future is early morning, so got to have good tools.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

What type of switch did you get? I felt mine getting hot.. Dont like that.

Wire replacement, and cleaning of all the connection including all associated grounds may improve the heat situation by reducing resistance thereby lowering the current draw.

You might consider installing a relay for the headlights to also reduce that current going through the switch.  The switch would then just control the relay.    Do advanced search "headlight relay" for some ideas/threads on that

Edited by shel_ny
  • Like 2

as Shel said above...using a relay and taking the current flow for the lights out of the switch itself will lead to a long long life of the component...only one relay is needed for both hi and lo..wire the relay between battery and input to the dimmer switch...use the headlight out on the original switch to pick up the relay energizing coil..you can use solid state relays that are available and operate between 3-32 volts input on the average..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All is going good. Paper work is in the process and she is almost road ready. One of the rear brake return springs snapped and I am having a heck of a time locating a replacement. Its a bout 5 1/4 inches long. Do any of you know of a replacement? Thanks again.