red's headers

casper50

Ok here are some pictures of the headers from Moose. I thought there may be a fitment issue with the firewall side but removed the studs and it just fits - I will have to either use shorter studs or bolts

What's all that green stuff in the background?  Here's what it looks like out my window right now...

Glad it's working out for you.

post-681-0-12047800-1424882453_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have Moose headers and am impressed. Price was good, quality looks good. I did have an issue with the rear pipe hitting the firewall but this is a 25" engine. He was willing to fix it for free but shipping was going to be my deal.....fair enough. I cut and rewelded it myself. The forward pipes come close to the fuel pump.....not sure that was going to be an issue so I pie cut the front pipe and re welded that too. No road test yet but soon.

Edited by laynrubber

I have the Langdons on my 230 with stock fuel pump and drive it in the heat of Dallas summers with absolutely zero issues. I have driven it with temps over 100 degrees stopped for a burger and it started right up when i was done eating.

Running Langdon's cast headers (Fenton copy) also & would gladly buy another set if needed for another motor. They work well & look like they belong on these flatheads....the "tube" style headers (not knocking the quality) look like they belong on a SBC......IMHO.  

Running Langdon's cast headers (Fenton copy) also & would gladly buy another set if needed for another motor. They work well & look like they belong on these flatheads....the "tube" style headers (not knocking the quality) look like they belong on a SBC......IMHO.  

Well, really does it matter.....you have to look hard to see them anyway.....

Well, really does it matter.....you have to look hard to see them anyway.....

Guess it depends on the vehicle. My 52 coronet with the heater duct still in it, it's pretty much impossible to see the header unless you really stick your head under the hood

Received this reply from Reds Headers this morning looks like they are not out of business.

We are currently out of production on the Plymouth flathead headers. Due to manpower problems, we do not anticipate being back in production for several months.

When the headers are available they sell for $255.00 a pair.

Jim

Red’s

Doesn't look promising.

based on the very inquiries he is getting for his product, knowing there is a market, the man power problem seemingly one he has control over (hire the bodies) he should be able to hire the bodies on a part time bases and ramp up production for a limited run and fill the niche...of course...from the sidelines this all looks so easy to do...his talent may not want to come back for reasons unknown..moved on to other jobs with greater benefits etc...

Could be any # of things. You lose your talent its hard to replace. Our favorite bakery went out of business after 30 some years because of that. All my childhood birthday cakes came from this place and we continued to use them up through my wedding. About a year after that their decorator got cancer and that was the end.

for sure Ed..very successful garage on the way to the base...been there since before I moved here 21 years ago...passed by one morning..wreath on the door..death in family...the shop is slowly being cleared out of cars that were there for service...the place never has the door open now...they payrolled a number of mechanics..they I guess have lost their job because no on in the family is there to carry on the business.  They were the only shop in town that I recommended..sad to see them out of business.

Looking at their website, looks like they mainly deal with Ford flatheads. As far as "man power problems", if you can fab a header for a Ford flathead, you can fab a header for a Plymouth/Dodge flathead. I'm sure they have jigs/patterns for the bends & the flanges...what, 3/8" plate, big deal. Shift production, build a few sets of Ply/Dodge headers.....keep the customer happy. It's not rocket science.

• Like 3