red's headers

casper50

I'm sorry to hear that....Is that for all makes, or just our flatheads?

people problems is quite an all encompassing  statement bordering on extreme vagueness.  Does it mean that problem with not enough people buying due to price or that people are not aware of their products due to poor marketing or that the people buying are complaining of the product/service.   As they are out of the business I would guess none of it is relevant now.

I emailed them about a month ago to ask the same question. This is what they told me:

"

Due to manpower problems these headers are currently out of production. We will not be able to make any more for some time, my guess is the earliest we could begin making more will be late in March if everything goes well.

Jim

Red’s Headers"

and then,

"

Sorry, we are completely out. I have about 20 people on a waiting list, if I had any made they would have shipped already.

Jim

Red’s"

Really stinks since they are nearly $100 cheaper than Langdon's header. And I was hoping to get my car into the exhaust shop in late march/early april.

I just got a pair from Moose. They look good - I will post pictures when I get home. I may grind - clean up the welds on the upper pipe a bit. I am going to send them out for ceramic powder coat. I will stay on this thread and let all know how it goes. I have a question. Will I need to run an electric fuel pump and block the mechanical pump? I see that there is heat wrap on the fuel line already - it is kind of frayed and I have some lying around that I may be able to put over the existing.... not sure if this will be enough??

Edited by 52Suburban

Saw this posted on a facebook site last night... This guy is selling them, but apparently made by someone else. I have no connection other with this guy, so caveat emptor. Forgot to mention he's asking $425/pair.

post-3941-0-53070300-1424812139_thumb.jpg

post-3941-0-79212900-1424812154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark D

I have the Langdons on my 230 with stock fuel pump and drive it in the heat of Dallas summers with absolutely zero issues. I have driven it with temps over 100 degrees stopped for a burger and it started right up when i was done eating.

What I don't like about Langdons is they cost $350 smacks.

I feel the same way. There was one on ebay about a month ago, ended up going for $330

Moose just replied to my request for cost of his headers.  $200 + shipping and takes two weeks.  I will most likely buy a pair of his.

Same here. I like his intake/exhaust combos too, just can't afford both right now

• Like 1