Need seat upholstery material for D-24

windsor8

Windsor.........do you have any auto upholstery shops or any upholstery wholesalers in your area?  Have you checked with them?

I think the Dodge may have had a small stripe in the upholstery fabric

Edited by BobT-47P15

windsor8, on 22 Feb 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:windsor8, on 22 Feb 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

Can anyone suggest a source for upholstery material for a D-24 Club Coupe?

one can suggest a wide assortment of material but first one would need to know if you want to retain an original look to your car or are you searching for suitable material of various sorts and colors to choose from?    A visit to a local trimmer shop will be well worth your while to investigate the patterns, colors and fabrics available and the average cost of each.  They have plenty of swatches to look through.  And should you need to also do the door panels, bolsters etc etc...matching vinyl and carpet if you desire can be matched to compliment your every fabric...often they can call a supplier for the very fabric that was factory with the vehicle...but that usually runs quite the chunk of change.  Be prepared for sticker shock!

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Bill Hirsch 

396 Littleton Avenue

Newark, New Jersey, 07103

Phone (973) 642-2404

Frank sent me samples (I had cut a small swatch of Original Fabric from under my front seat to send him) they matched it perfectly.

There is another place in the magazines that I have seen also somewhere up in New England LeBarron Bonney I think they are called.

These guys don't play, they will match your original correctly. Or go modern with another fabric if you don't care what fabric is original.

• Like 1

If you want something close to original be prepared to pay $450 just for the material or find a good fabric store that sells drapery material and get the next best thing for $50.  Here is my (blown)  budget P15 for example.

Jim M

post-5163-0-77405300-1425050883_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Frank, thanks for the reply. I have the remnants of the original seat covers in t my 35 Plymouth and they were definitely broadcloth. One of the upholstery suppliers that I spoke with (don't recall which) told me that like paint, seat material could be ordered to Chrysler specs and that was why they supplied both mohair and leather options. No idea if he was correct or just blowing smoke.

If you want something close to original be prepared to pay $450 just for the material or find a good fabric store that sells drapery material and get the next best thing for $50.  Here is my (blown)  budget P15 for example.

Jim M

Interior very nicely done.  Who did the woodgraining on the window frames, etc.?  Ie: looking for recommendations for mine.