Battery tray and hold down photo

White Spyder

I did finally buy  a new battery cut-off switch, found on eBay for about $28 to replace one like it that eventually

seemed to malfunction internally.  I like this style, which has become hard to find, as it fits into a hole in my firewall

where a heater connection had once been.  All I have to do is reach under the dash to flip the switch.  It's not a

foolproof theft deterrent, but might help in certain instances.  

DSC01443.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

Switches like that are readily available.  They may not be stocked at your local parts house, but they SHOULD be able to look it up and order one in, if not.  They're often used on emergency vehicle with auxiliary batteries and electronics to prevent running the batteries down when the vehicle is not in use.  Flip a switch and the batteries are at full power and the electronics come back on line.

I looked for a metal switch like I bought at several swap meets last summer..........all I saw were some various 

versions in plastic.   Or those knob ones that attach to the battery post.  Those switches are usually sold by

the tool vendors.  

I had the first metal switch for several years.......don't know why it went bad, but apparently something inside wore out

or messed up.  It fit in just right and worked well.......so I wanted another just like it.  Found this one on eBay.   So, they

are still out there somewhere.