Talk to me about rear seats

darkfour

My recently purchased 1950 Plymouth Deluxe 2 door sedan (with the fastback shape) and it came without a rear seat. I have the back rest part just not the bit you sit on. Anyone know which other models use the same seat base? If not could anyone with the same car take some measurements from their seats.

I'm not looking to purchase at this moment in time as funds are short and what little I have is needed elsewhere, but I'd like to know what I need to look for when the time comes.

I don't have a 50 parts book but my 1951 book shows that seat to be 2dr sedan specific. However its hard to really tell as they list it as an assembly and the same springs with different material might have a different #.

Thanks Ed, so it's possibly car model specific, but do you know which years though? Just 1950 or would '51 and '52 fit as well? What about a '49? I believe all these years had a 2 door fastback body style.

I would guess 50-52 would at least interchange and possibly 49 as well however its just a guess. Need someone with more parts books than I have to tell for sure.