electric wiper motor

capyjack

I am doing some modifications to a 46 Chrysler. I found an electric replacement 12 volt wiper motor thru on of the street rod sites.

Their printed catalog offers a direct replacement wiper motor for 46 thru 48 Mopar. However the online catalog states that they fit 46-48 Plymouth and Dodge.

Maybe someone on here has ordered one of these from www.yogisinc.com .

I sent a message to the online site and the guy that responded didn't think that this would work for me.

My question is would an electric wiper motor from a Dodge fit the Chrysler?

I sure would like to prove the web guy at this site wrong as it would solve my wiper problems.

Paul, thanks for the phone number, I tried to google up New Port and it looked like they might have gone away.

Kented,

Here is what I am looking at They show an electric to replace the vacuum but I think these are all 12 volt.

http://www.yogisinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=8053/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd8053.htm

Paul, thanks for the phone number, I tried to google up New Port and it looked like they might have gone away.

Kented,

Here is what I am looking at They show an electric to replace the vacuum but I think these are all 12 volt.

http://www.yogisinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=8053/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd8053.htm

If you read that link it says the one posted is manufactured by New Port. 

They are out of St. Louis, both my cars have new port wiper motors in them and they fit great and work great. 

Newport website shows all conversions to be 12 volt.

They do sell a 6 to 12v. inverter but showed no price.

They also cost around $150- $200, but are well built.

DJ

I dunno if this is any help but I replaced the original 6 volt electric wiper setup in my Oz Dodge with a cable wiper setup from an English car........99% of them used to use a cable wiper setup that allowed you to mount the motor anywhere in theory and you could mount the wiper arm "gearbox" in 2 different ways to allow the wipers to be parallel or "clap your hands" style.......I have never seen a 6volt version of this type of wiper so that may not help but UK cars such as Mini's, austins and the like all are possible donors.......I mounted the wiper motor between the glove box and the door pillar but don't have any instal pics....................andyd     

Edited by Andydodge

Just noticed that this pic shows the wiper towers tho' its not a close pic..........one benefit with these is that they are the "normal" approx. 1/2" serated style that virtually any size arm will fit.........andyd  

So can I gather from all of this that the Plymouth and Dodge wiper that New Port offers will indeed fit the Chrysler?

Check the website or better call them and if they do find out about any limitations if any- stock radio. switch install, etc..

DJ

My Meadowbrook has vaccum wipers. Do those combination vaccum/fuel pumps work in keeping the wipers moving even at high throttle?

Never had one on a Mopar car ( have 2 Ebay bought vac./fuel pumps ( old ) rebuilds that did not work waiting for rebuild) ) but did on a 54 Ford v-8 and the vac. pump/fuel pump totally replaces the manifold hookup to the wipers and ran to the pump only and would run at the adjusted speed via the wiper control no matter up hill, foot to the floor. Manifold vacuum no longer matters as long as the pump is in good condition. ;)

DJ

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Those wipers are GREAT, even more useful in the rain. Good Job

I apologize for not following up on my original question.

The Listing for the New Port wiper kit for the Plymouth and Dodge I asked about did bolt up to my New Yorker, However the brace for the dash along with the mechanism that opens the vent were in the way. So some modifications were necessary.

This site only lets me post pics that I took with my camera. It wont let me post any that I downloaded from my phone

I have been meaning to take a few more so give me a couple of days and I will get the old camera out.

Its a shame because I have a couple that are of the build and it looks pretty cool with the body off.

Since I am posting pictures I will include a couple of my other builds.

Beaches 2.jpeg

001.JPG

Desoto and boat #3.JPG

28 Dodge project 024.jpg

06-28-2006 11;15;19AM.JPG

IM002763.JPG

• Like 1