Update - 1950 Dodge

MATT47025

So I thought I would post a video of our progress of the 1950 dodge truck. Turns out it had 3 stuck valves and it was 180 degrees out of time plus it needed a carb kit. This is all pretty straight forward repairs but an interesting note. We removed the head the bolts and according to our manual should be torqued once when cold and once when the engine is at full temp. 

It fired right up and we pulled it out of the shop. We noticed it had a lot of water vapor from the exhaust not smoke. When we did the second torque setting the water vapor went completely away. 

IMG_1264.MOV

• Like 1

Great sounding engine. 

A couple of other forum members mentioned in some of their posts too about that you have to torque once when the engine is cold and once when the engine has run for awhile.  I read that in my Dodge Shop manual also I believe. 

What is next on your too do list for your Dodge?