Vintage Dodge truck sign???

Todd B

I once saw a Dodge truck service sign on the web.  It was round with I think Dodge "Job Rated" truck service on it.  My wifes cousin wants to paint me one and I found a metal outdoor patio table that the legs are junk.  I think the table top will work perfect for a sign and now I can't find a picture of the sign I want her to paint. I searched everywhere on line ad all I can find is the square version. 

Help Please.

Todd B

I have been.  I found it at Christmas  time but my cousin was to busy to do.  Now I can't find it anywhere.  Must be round, that will be hung in the front gable of my semi shed.

151462892447_1.jpg likely wasn't this one..   but since we are getting a collection  a few more !

The one I saw was like the DODGE approved service DESOTO one.  I am having her paint it to say DODGE approved service Trucks.  I have a porcelain 42" round patio table top I want her to paint on.  It will be hung at the top of my semi shed gable end which is about 19' tall.  So if its close I will be happy.  Then again if someone don't like it they can just look away.   

• Like 2

They sure seemed to go through lots of variations on their signage. Are any of these close?

Tossed in the Chrysler Plymouth one because I purchased one of those back in the 1970s for, I think, $40 and this image is of one on eBay that the seller wants $3600 for. I guess that makes it one of my better investments. :)

post-45-0-44364200-1423691772_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-00870900-1423692054_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-63353300-1423692065_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-71691500-1423692076_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

They sure seemed to go through lots of variations on their signage. Are any of these close?

Tossed in the Chrysler Plymouth one because I purchased one of those back in the 1970s for, I think, $40 and this image is of one on eBay that the seller wants $3600 for. I guess that makes it one of my better investments. :)

$3600. ?? am i reading that right !? what the heck is it made out of? :) or did Picasso paint it?  

Leonardo made the original drawings for it next to the helicopter like designs in his idea sketch pad. :P

DJ

$3600. ?? am i reading that right !? what the heck is it made out of? :) or did Picasso paint it?  

The original ones in the large 42" size If they are two sided, are worth big money.

The Desoto  -  Plymouth  'Approved Service'   like the one in the attached picture, is two sided and is worth well north of $3600 and  lol

I am glad Picasso didn't paint it or it would likely be abstract and I wouldn't be interested. On the other hand it would likely be worth a few million to someone.

Tim

post-5630-0-44721200-1423708775_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The one I saw was like the DODGE approved service DESOTO one.  I am having her paint it to say DODGE approved service Trucks.  I have a porcelain 42" round patio table top I want her to paint on.  It will be hung at the top of my semi shed gable end which is about 19' tall.  So if its close I will be happy.  Then again if someone don't like it they can just look away.   

That will be awesome..  We have a Fargo truck Version that hangs in my Dad's shop (where my Son lives) that I  will get up to and take a picture of it.

I think your wife's cousin could just have quite a cottage business going if she wants to do a few and if you can find reasonably priced porcelain patio table tops.

In fact I would love one of the ones .. lol that were never made !    Aka  Fargo Trucks -  Approved Service  -  Plymouth   or maybe one of the other ones..

Oh found two more Dodge ones.. I have attached pictures.

post-5630-0-79202400-1423710332_thumb.jpg

post-5630-0-51761900-1423710353_thumb.jpg

• Like 1