1946 dodge Town Sedan

Frank Elder

Town Sedans are in two groups..regular and Town Sedan Special..the special gets the black knobs, steering wheel and cloumn treatment per the factory parts breakdown and they also were made in export models for RHD market.  The shift knob is not right, should be black...the dash wiper knob I cannot see enough of to tell if black..

that dash grain does not look like my TSS dash..it is a bit light in appearance though close to the grain...however the garnish about all four door glasses, in inside of the windshield and the rear glass inside trim should all be wood grain of the same pattern and color of the dash...I am saying it has seen refinishing treatments if asked aloud as to my opinion based on the very one owner survivor I have here at the house..

Also a special should have a host of factory options..I see the clock and radio and not sure if the car has dual heaters, electric gas cap lid or the factory installed back up lights...other things like hood and trunk light are also stock items..

• 1 month later...

This brings a somewhat related question to mind.  My 48 D24 has the biege steering column and wheel and I have a 47 parts car with a reddish steering column and wheel and reddish interior adornments.  Is this red model specific to year, trim level, random selection, keyed to car color, an option, or what?  I have never seen anything explaining it.

Were there specials in other body styles?  I like the look!