Hope everyone is ok in the east with the snowstorm

desoto1939

Hope everyone in the Northeastern pasrt of the coutry is ok this morning. In the Philadelphia we were sparred the snow fall. They had anticipated 6-12 but we only got about 2-4.

I know New Jersey along the coast and New York and up towards Boston got hit real hard. You cannot drive on the roads in NJ becasue of a State of emergency.  Roads in Pa are open.

Hope no one loses electricity or heat.

You all take care and try to stay warm and do not over do it when shoveling snow. Take your time its not worth a heart attack.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Valley Forge PA outside of Philadelphia PA

• Like 1

We got about 4 inches or so in the Bloomsburg area yesterday, and this morning there's about another inch. I think there was too much "hype" about the storm. I guess that sells a lot more bread, milk, and eggs at the local grocery stores. Oh, it's still a pain in the butt to deal with it, but it could have been much worse.

Wayne

• Like 1

A dusting in the Washington DC area.  My sister is in Suffolk County on Long Island and she reported about 20 inches with only drifting snow at around 2:00 PM today.  I think NYC was spared.  I am sure the guys in the Boston Mass area got pummeled.  Maybe Bob D. will post some pictures of the Catskills.

Chet...  

Edited by Chester Brzostowski

We got hit pretty hard up here in southern MA. High wind but no power failure at the house thank GOD. Actually the snow was deeper than it appears  in the photos taken this morning due to heavy drifting. GOD BLESS THE SNOWBLOWER!

John R

blizzard%202.jpgblizzard%201.jpg

• Like 2

we got about two inches of snow here, nothing worth taking photos of at this time.  More snow is being forecasted for tomorrow and tomorrow night, time will tell.  I did get six hours on the plow between Monday evening and yesterday morning  LOL.  Don't give yourself a heart attack Mark.  John, I see the plow shelved the snow bank in front of your house

After looking at the shelved snow bank in front of John's house, Cooper and I took a ride up on part of the route that I ride the snow plow.  The pictures I have attached show the amount of snow we have on the ground right now, plus they were taken in a high drift area, as you can see no snow banks, especially not like in front of John's house

post-668-0-54843900-1422477672_thumb.jpg

post-668-0-09759600-1422477698_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1940plymouth
  • Like 1

Hi Bob,

The plow did kind of leave a generous pile out in front of the house. While I was whittleing away at it with the snowblower, the young man across the street pushed it aside in short order with his pickup which was a HUGE help.

• Like 1

I understand that New England got hammered pretty good with impressive snow totals but maybe the local news outlets (New York New Jersey) will be a little more conservative with the dire predictions next time given the hysteria it created around here. People  here acted as if a million ton nickle iron asteroid was going to make a direct hit on the tri state area.I told a few people Monday that maybe they got it wrong and they looked at me like I was nuts. This same thing happened in February of 2001 where they predicted a huge storm, declared a state of emergency before so much as a flake fell and we got nothing.

we got about two inches of snow here, nothing worth taking photos of at this time.  More snow is being forecasted for tomorrow and tomorrow night, time will tell.  I did get six hours on the plow between Monday evening and yesterday morning  LOL.  Don't give yourself a heart attack Mark.  John, I see the plow shelved the snow bank in front of your house

After looking at the shelved snow bank in front of John's house, Cooper and I took a ride up on part of the route that I ride the snow plow.  The pictures I have attached show the amount of snow we have on the ground right now, plus they were taken in a high drift area, as you can see no snow banks, especially not like in front of John's house

A mere inch or two around here - but Bob - what's all that blue stuff at the top of those pictures...!?

Dan, he photo shopped in that color. LOL 73 degrees here yesterday, so i got out my bermuda shorts, straw hat, and sun glasses.

The fruit trees are about to bloom, they usually start the first week of February then full bloom in March and early April. Our color time.

Edited by pflaming

The trees outside my office window are in full bloom. It's been cool at night here, but dry, and warm during the day.

I've been outside skating almost every day at lunch hour.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but the news said this has been the 2nd driest year here since the Gold Rush days--some 160 years I suppose. We need the rain desperately.

I've been trying to avoid any skating here, especially since I don't have skates. Minus 17 degrees F. here yesterday morning. with some warmer days a couple weeks ago followed by below freezing temps and a skiff of snow on top, I found I could still make a snow angel.

Dave, didn't you get that snow storm that dumped over a foot of snow on us last weekend? It finally looks like winter around here again.

yes, got that one too, but only about 6 inches, some wind so some shoveling took place after. My unintended "snow angel" was the result of about an inch we got from the weekend before, covering up the ice.

This winter was great up until three weeks ago. We thought we were going to get off with out much to complain about. Since then Mother Nature has decided this winter will be delivered in one giant dispatch. 4" into this latest storm at the moment. Spent the day yesterday pushing back the snow banks and widening the driveway and pathways. Boping Mother Nature departs as quickly as she arrived.

Will be in the mid 20's today with 5-8". Expecting  about a foot over 48 hours. Our friends to the East will get even more. These warm temps will give me a great opportunity to crawl under the plow truck to try to get a good ground connection for the starter.