Craigslist gone wrong...

Plymouthy Adams

How many of you have seen the recent Craigslist related killing of an elderly couple who went to look at a Mustang...sad to say that happened not that far from me...in another forum members backyard almost...too close to home I tell ya...please folks be careful when dealing with online ads...

Same thing happened kinda near here ( Tacoma ) a few  years ago. A husband was murdered  in front of the wife and two young kids for $5000.00 worth of jewelry.

Craigslist is not safe IMO.

Had to chime in with my favorite Craigslist story.  Back about 4 or 5 years ago I was on the hunt for a Jeep Cheorkee Rear end for my Pilothouse Pickup.  I spotted one on the Minneapolis Craigslist and tried to get in touch with the guy but he finally sent me a text that it was still available so I called him and he answered this time.  This was a $100 rear end with disk brakes but it had a bad pinion bearing.  So we arranged to meet at a spot of his choosing in Elk River.  I called my 84 year old neighbor to see if I could borrow his trailer and would he like to come along for the ride.  Just a couple of days before, some one in South Minneapolis was selling his car and the perps took him out for a test ride and shot him and took off with the car.  So we met up at a gas station and traded a rear end for a 100 dollar bill.  I told my 84 year old neighbor later that I took him along as a body guard!