Tattersfield speed parts for the flat six

HellYeah

Does anyone have experience with Tattersfield power equipment for Dodge - Plymouth? Just have a complete set of Tattersfield 8.0 to 1 head and dual intake with Carter carbs and filters on hand. Seller asks $ 2000 for the set. Looks to be in very nice condition. Might go on my -47 Dodge 3-window in the future...

post-7408-0-00665500-1422218134_thumb.jpg

post-7408-0-30696900-1422218143_thumb.jpg

Also have the seller verify  in writing that the head is level and is not warped and is not cracked or repaired and that all thread are good and there are not messed up threads?  Also that all head bolt holes are not out of round.

Also have him run a flat edge on the manifold to verify that the manifold is not warped. If warped then it will need to be planed to get it perfectly flat across the entire unit also the same with the head.

So buyer be ware of any potential issues. So you have $2000 in parts and what is this going to do for the car? It might go a little faster make it look like a supped up engine but you still have the 40 suspension and braking system, unless that has already been updated. I am not trying to be sarcastic but think about the first outlay of cash and then the additional funds needed to install the parts and the additional setup costs versus just running with what you have now on the car. You could use these funds maybe for an upgrade to interior or chrome of other issues.

These are just my 50 cents worth of input.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

What is the exhaust system in the pictures? Does it bolt together with the manifold?

If so the pictures make it Look like the two parts are not aligned at the mounting points and would probably break one or the other if mounted and bolts tightened.

I also agree with getting complete info on head condition as others mentioned!

DJ

Does anyone have experience with Tattersfield power equipment for Dodge - Plymouth? Just have a complete set of Tattersfield 8.0 to 1 head and dual intake with Carter carbs and filters on hand. Seller asks $ 2000 for the set. Looks to be in very nice condition. Might go on my -47 Dodge 3-window in the future...

I agree with Rich below in terms of conditions of the head.

Now my two cents assuming everything is good.. easy one first.. The air cleaners are off chev pickup trucks.  You can get actual air cleaners for them

we have some in stock and I love the air cleaners. cleaned up and painted they go from $75-$150 each.. so  I would call those $150.

The carbs,  are just carbs to rebuild for me, and what is that worth..  I will let others call that but my range $20-$40 for the pair.

The intake, has the definite cool factor.  They do get more rev but loose torque, so in terms of performance there are better, such as a Edmunds.

That intake is the absolute last of the tattersfield, because unlike the one on ebay, you will notice it has the linkage tabs built in. That helps in terms of linkage but its setup for something that has linkage on the head side.  The intake and linkage which look good there are in my mind $350-500 in value.

The exhaust, Id like to see the other side on what you have.  They may have made dual exhaust but in tattersfield,  I have never seen on.

On the head.. I have seen them, I have had one on the car. Assuming its in good condition, they are great heads.. I can look up more info on the cc of the head,

because I do know guys shaved them to push up the compression.

In terms of value, they are equal to an Edmunds in my mind,and does not have the over heating issue as at least one other aluminum  head I have seen.

Retail I have seen those heads within the last 24 months going in the $300-$700  range.

So the exhaust aside and you can my dual exhaust made from stock intake in integrated or headers from George Asche for $175  or reproduction headers

which are as good as originals from Tom Langdon for $340  Without seeing what you have there, I would go in that range.. $175 - $350.

When I add it all up, I don't blame the guy for asking for $2000 for it all, but I think he has quite a premium on that grouping..  I see $1015 - $1750 absolutely top end.

If I was speculating unless the guy has that head magnifluxed for cracks and there  would still have to be no repairs, threads all good, head not warped.. I would be offering $1250 if I really wanted it and $1500 would be top of the mark if I wanted it for me vehicle and $1500 would be as much for the cool factor of an all 

tattersfield package.

Tim

Also have the seller verify  in writing that the head is level and is not warped and is not cracked or repaired and that all thread are good and there are not messed up threads?  Also that all head bolt holes are not out of round.

Also have him run a flat edge on the manifold to verify that the manifold is not warped. If warped then it will need to be planed to get it perfectly flat across the entire unit also the same with the head.

So buyer be ware of any potential issues. So you have $2000 in parts and what is this going to do for the car? It might go a little faster make it look like a supped up engine but you still have the 40 suspension and braking system, unless that has already been updated. I am not trying to be sarcastic but think about the first outlay of cash and then the additional funds needed to install the parts and the additional setup costs versus just running with what you have now on the car. You could use these funds maybe for an upgrade to interior or chrome of other issues.

These are just my 50 cents worth of input.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 2

Tim, what "other" head are you referring to, as far as having over heating issues?

Ill send you a note. Since we have only seen 1 of them and  was lead to believe it was early in the production run, I would prefer not to use a name and cause a negative spin. I will say there seemed to be less water jackets in the head, and very quickly you could use a heat sensor gun and see significant heat differences across the head and across the cylinders in terms of temperature.  I have put the gun to several Edmunds heads, for both small and large block flatheads as well as 2 small block tattersfield and did not see this issue.  So if I was buying anything other than those two or something made by Chrysler corp, I would want to do a simple heat test on one. If there was significant changes in heat across the head, and cylinders (especially #1 vs others), then I would pass on the head. While the heat

guns used to be very expensive, they are now fairly inexpensive and good for a lot more than just checking heads.

Now my two cents assuming everything is good.. easy one first.. The air cleaners are off chev pickup trucks.  You can get actual air cleaners for them

we have some in stock and I love the air cleaners. cleaned up and painted they go from $75-$150 each.. so  I would call those $150.

The carbs,  are just carbs to rebuild for me, and what is that worth..  I will let others call that but my range $20-$40 for the pair.

The intake, has the definite cool factor.  They do get more rev but loose torque, so in terms of performance there are better, such as a Edmunds.

That intake is the absolute last of the tattersfield, because unlike the one on ebay, you will notice it has the linkage tabs built in. That helps in terms of linkage but its setup for something that has linkage on the head side.  The intake and linkage which look good there are in my mind $350-500 in value.

The exhaust, Id like to see the other side on what you have.  They may have made dual exhaust but in tattersfield,  I have never seen on.

On the head.. I have seen them, I have had one on the car. Assuming its in good condition, they are great heads.. I can look up more info on the cc of the head,

In terms of value, they are equal to an Edmunds in my mind,and does not have the over heating issue as at least one other aluminum  head I have seen.

Retail I have seen those heads within the last 24 months going in the $300-$700  range.

So the exhaust aside and you can my dual exhaust made from stock intake in integrated or headers from George Asche for $175  or reproduction headers

which are as good as originals from Tom Langdon for $340  Without seeing what you have there, I would go in that range.. $175 - $350.

When I add it all up, I don't blame the guy for asking for $2000 for it all, but I think he has quite a premium on that grouping..  I see $1015 - $1750 absolutely top end.

If I was speculating unless the guy has that head magnifluxed for cracks and there  would still have to be no repairs, threads all good, head not warped.. I would be offering $1250 if I really wanted it and $1500 would be top of the mark if I wanted it for me vehicle and $1500 would be as much for the cool factor of an all 

tattersfield package.

Tim

Thank´s for the feed back on this one. Please note this seller is located in Norway, Europe. And so am I. Every thing car related are more expensive over here. I will say that $ 2000 equals a $ 1500 buy in the US. (25% tax and $100 to $120 shipping on top of the $ 1500)  I guess installing this parts mostly will add to the cool factor. 

I think also it´s a good idea to make a sales contract regarding the parts being in undamaged condition. (I just learn the hard way after buying a "turn key" Ford flathead V8 from a running car. When I open it up the block was cracked all over and is not usable)

• Like 1

tattersfield package.

Tim

All of this should have been PM'ed Tim. I know you have helped people here during your short, but very active stay here on the forum but this thread seems to be nothing but an infomercial for selling your products. I haven't looked yet but have you considered posting your goodies up in the for sale section? That's where they belong.

• Like 4

All of this should have been PM'ed Tim. I know you have helped people here during your short, but very active stay here on the forum but this thread seems to be nothing but an infomercial for selling your products. I haven't looked yet but have you considered posting your goodies up in the for sale section? That's where they belong.

Thanks for your feedback Frank but since we don't sell air cleaners, heads, I didn't mention an intake we are making, and only used a reference of split exhaust as a reference point for price, I am not sure I follow your point on an infomercial for our products.  I could have just said, I think he is asking to much and left it at that, but I thought perhaps it was worthy of breaking down the components as part of the explanation.

• Like 1

Thank´s for the feed back on this one. Please note this seller is located in Norway, Europe. And so am I. Every thing car related are more expensive over here. I will say that $ 2000 equals a $ 1500 buy in the US. (25% tax and $100 to $120 shipping on top of the $ 1500)  I guess installing this parts mostly will add to the cool factor. 

I think also it´s a good idea to make a sales contract regarding the parts being in undamaged condition. (I just learn the hard way after buying a "turn key" Ford flathead V8 from a running car. When I open it up the block was cracked all over and is not usable)

Well then, all of a sudden,  his price seems very comparable to my rough guess-timate.     If you do buy the setup would love to see a picture from the other side showing the exhaust.

Thanks for your feedback Frank but since we don't sell air cleaners, heads, I didn't mention an intake we are making, and only used a reference of split exhaust as a reference point for price, I am not sure I follow your point on an infomercial for our products.  I could have just said, I think he is asking to much and left it at that, but I thought perhaps it was worthy of breaking down the components as part of the explanation.

If you don't "get it" it's because you don't want to "get it"..........comparing prices and hawking George's stuff sure reads like an advertisement to me.......in fact you've done nothing but bombard, bamblast and blow about your relationship with Mr. Asche since you've appeared on the scene. Do you honestly think that we don't know who this very important member of flathead history is? 

If you are here to push a product, take it to the classifieds....if you are here to joke it up, share your car prowess, or have a good day learning/teaching.... welcome to the forum!

• Like 2

If you don't "get it" it's because you don't want to "get it"..........comparing prices and hawking George's stuff sure reads like an advertisement to me.......in fact you've done nothing but bombard, bamblast and blow about your relationship with Mr. Asche since you've appeared on the scene. Do you honestly think that we don't know who this very important member of flathead history is? 

If you are here to push a product, take it to the classifieds....if you are here to joke it up, share your car prowess, or have a good day learning/teaching.... welcome to the forum!

thanks for your feedback once again, and Ill take it off line at this point Frank.

Frank........I was finding this thread informative to me as I just recently purchased a Tattersfield dual

intake (apparently real cheap) from a local scrapper.  Mine has no linkage and only one carb attached,

and I don't know if I will ever want to install it.  But some additional info on the topic has been helpful. 

• Like 7

Here's another Tattersfield old ad that shows how the linkage goes, posted this in an earlier thread but might help someone.

That is a great reference tool for sure.  Tattersfield made at least 2 and I believe 3 different intakes for the mopar flatheads.  The one that started the thread has the tabs and by HellYeah  post you can pretty much see how it works for that 1, so your post fills in the linkage required for the other and I believe the 3rd intake they made has the linkage very similar to the illustration you posted with the exception the linkage runs on the opposite side.

Im just wondering if it wouldn't be helpful to have an intake and linkage thread/section in the technical forum.

Tim

• Like 2

...I'm just wondering if it wouldn't be helpful to have an intake and linkage thread/section in the technical forum.

Tim

-Might be a good idea.Don't want to take away the focus on Tattersfield -But here's the linkage for one version of the  Edmunds intake... 

post-296-0-18451000-1422816235_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Technically speaking......shouldn't these Tattersfield ads be in the classified section ?   

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

OP was stated intention to buy them from an unknown source and wanted information/opinions about them. . . If the unknown source was attempting to sell them on this forum then the listing would need to be in the classified area.

• Like 1

-Might be a good idea.Don't want to take away the focus on Tattersfield -But here's the linkage for one version of the  Edmunds intake... 

attachicon.gifScan0002.jpg

Cheers for posting this it'll come in most handy when i install my Edmunds intake soon.

attachicon.gifScan0002.jpg

Great post, although your likely right. I have looked around for options. We could start a new thread/topic here, although it likely belongs in the technical archives. It would be nice to edit it, so I thought I could start with it on my blog and then get an administrator to move it to the technical archives, but it doesn't seem that those who might comment to the starting blog entry cant post pictures.  So I am not 100% sure.  It would be definitely nice to have a spot to put up stuff on intakes, linkage etc.  Maybe I will start a blog entry and  maybe an admin can provide guidance..  Hey -  TodFitch  since your on this thread already.. Suggestions ?