When you have a friend.....

48Dodger

I have quite a few great friends on this forum....guys I have known for several years.

I've been lucky enough to meet several of them.

But one friend stands out lately because of the love for his wife. He has worked so hard, to make her

experience with cancer a journey with friends and something she would not have to face alone. He has posted on Facebook, in great detailed, the good days and the bad. I feel fortunate that they feel my friendship is important enough, to keep me informed, to keep me in their family of friends. 

I've said it before and I say it now: Bud is my hero, he is a role model to me, and I'm proud of him.

Now.....since I am his friend, and I know he works hard everyday. Sometimes you need a reminder of the little things that make you happy. I'm here to do that today.

Bud is a Seattle Seahwaks fan! A big one! 

If you did not see the game....YOU MISSED A GOOD ONE!!!!  They came from behind in a crazy performance of trick plays and "lucky" catches that dazzled my 49ers mind! They did things that kids day dream about when playing catch with their Dads!

I was happy....I was screaming...I was cheering....why? Because that's Buds team.

And I knew that boy was having not just a good day, but a great day!

Bud, I love you man, congratulations on an amazing win.

Here's to winning the big one in the weeks ahead.

Tim aka 48Dodger   

• Like 4

Being a survivor of throat cancer two and a half years ago, I know from your friend's outlook that friends were surely needed and greatly appreciated.  I have a good friend that owns a 1939 Ford that he chopped two inches and has a Caddy engine in it.  He came up one day and the two of us went for a ride, one of many rides, but this one was special, so special.

post-668-0-45089200-1421705375_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

TIm. You will never know how much I appreciate this. I'm no hero, I just adore my wife and am doing what I can to help her thru this journey. We still plan on coming down to the BBQ if she is done with Radiation by then. We so want to go. Cher talks about it all the time because we had such an outstanding time last time we were able to attend. I am proud to call you my friend. Thanks again. Bud.   SEAHAWKS!!!!!

Edited by buds truck
  • Like 2

I'll be happy for bud's out come of the game and hopefully I can shake his and his wife's hand...BTW, I like the outcome of the game because I cheer for Minnesota and whomever plays WisconSIN!  :)

• Like 3

Great story and awesome friend you are Tim, However, that was the MOST DISAPPOINTING GAME I ever watched.  I still feel like crying.

Our family's prayers will be with you Bud.  and I guess for the Seahawks too :angry:

• Like 2

Read your words and recalled these lines of verse that were given to me years ago;

Around the corner I have a friend,

In this great city that has no end,

Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,

And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friends face,

For life is a swift and terrible race,

He knows I like him just as well,

As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,

And now we are busy, tired men.

Tired of playing a foolish game,

Tired of trying to make a name.

'Tomorrow' I say! 'I will call on him

Just to show that I'm thinking of him.'

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,

And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away.

Remember to always say what you mean.

If you love someone, tell them.

Don't be afraid to express yourself.

Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.

Because when you decide that it is the right time it might be too late.

Seize the day. Never have regrets.

And most importantly, stay close to your friends and family, for they have helped make you the person that you are today.

• Like 5