Back to the 50's 2015......

48Dodger

got my number yesterday...put my registration back into the mail the day I received it and I'm still #3083...my co-workers wife does the entries (some at least) and he says they (mostly) put them in as the show up...there are a few, he feels in a few hundred, numbers that people bribe the entry people to reserve for them.  SO yikes!  Gonna be a good show again this year!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any recommendations on where to look for lodging? Michelle has a cousin in Wayzata. How far is that from the fair grounds? Or what hotels are nearby?

Merle

A lot of guys book a room for the next year while they are hear for the 50s. At this point some of it is going to be whatever is left. If you look in Roseville, Shoreview, Maplewood, Arden Hills, White Bear... I'm sure there are more.

I have every intention of still being in my house then, you are free to crash at my place (with Tim and potentially Todd)  I've got floor space, just have to keep it tidy if my house hasn't sold yet.

Any recommendations on where to look for lodging? Michelle has a cousin in Wayzata. How far is that from the fair grounds? Or what hotels are nearby?

Merle

wayzata would be no worse drive then it is from marks house. 15- 20mins. im another 20 mins west

also I'm sure if you want a hotel, the ones near my house probably have space and we could caravan up to the show.  Look for 

http://www.countryinns.com/eagan-hotel-mn-55121/mneagan

that is about a mile from my house and on the way up.

Will there be any off-site get-togethers when y'all are in MSP for Back to the 50s?  I have a smoker and I work for a meat processor.  :)

awesome idea...the question would be WHERE and WHEN to meat up.   Thursday night before, Monday after, or a night of the show?  If one of the show days I'd have to book home in FEF and bring my daily to meat up.   OR do we meat up AT the show on the day we all park by each other?  

So on the subject of parking by each other...what day do we want to shoot for?  I'd say Fri and if the we get weathered out we have Sat as a back up.  Also WHERE do we want to park?  I know Mike likes to park by the grandstand and that is fine IF we can get enough spots to hang out as a club (can Mike save us spots?).  Or do we pick a different spot where there is more availability for stragglers to get in by us?

Vehicle Roll Call:

ggdad

Merle

Ram man

Todd

Young Ed

4mula

Captian Neon

Did I miss anyone?

We were probably going to head up there on Thursday and head home on Monday, so a Thursday evening gathering would work for us. Otherwise any other evening through the weekend may be OK too. How late does the show go each day? Also, what time do we need to be there in the mornings?

Merle

I head home at the end of the day when I'm tuckered out....generally home around 7PM.  I've been known to be in line to get in at 5AM, of course it all depends if you REALLY care where you park.  Where I park I can pretty much get there at 7AM and be within 200 feet of my "spot".  No idea how the logistics would work for a larger group as I've never done that.

I head home at the end of the day when I'm tuckered out....generally home around 7PM.  I've been known to be in line to get in at 5AM, of course it all depends if you REALLY care where you park.  Where I park I can pretty much get there at 7AM and be within 200 feet of my "spot".  No idea how the logistics would work for a larger group as I've never done that.

Yikes!! That's a long day. I find it strange that they allow you to park where you want to. Most shows that I've attended they will show you where to park when you roll in.

Merle

Yikes!! That's a long day. I find it strange that they allow you to park where you want to. Most shows that I've attended they will show you where to park when you roll in.

Merle

You want to be in charge of directing 12,000 cars :) Its really just a weekend of hanging out. You can come and go as you want and drive around in there too

Merle

it CAN be a long day, or it can be a FUN day or it can be a LONG FUN day!  I generally just decide when I've had enough and leave.  FEF isn't all that easy to go "cruising" in as you are barely at idle the whole time you drive around and you have to watch out for the sheeple.  When I have to drive around at entry last year one day it about drove me nuts with the sheeple just walking RIGHT in front of you.

I do experience that too. I think the masses are used to loud cars and they just don't even hear these flatheads. Take the muffler and tailpipe off FEF and they'll hear you comin.

• Like 1