2015 Summer event Planning

greg g

Great to hear it Joe! Stay tuned for more info. Greg and I will be visiting the area next weekend, shortly after that we will publish an loose itinerary.

Pleased to have you consider it.  Our first long trip was to Charlotte, 727 miles.   The thought of it was daunting, the reality was a pleasent trip on the back roads.  I would suggest you consider coming up the Deleware water gap area, route 209 brings you right into the event area.  Also this is not a Mopars only deal so if you have other folks that may be interested, spread the word.

Bumping this up to the top of the list just as a reminder, Greg and I are going to be in the Hudson Valley area Friday night through Sunday morning. If you care to meet up or potentially open your garage for some fender leaning Saturday afternoon, drop either Greg or I a private message, and we'll throw you a number to get in touch with us. We heard from Big Daddyo and Mike Fowler. Hoping to catch up with both you guys this weekend.

Also heard from Rich W, he is also from the nieghborhood.  Interesting seems to be gaining strength. Should be able to post a tentative schedule by Sunday or Monday with lodging details to follow.  Remember no registration, required but will need to have a good guess on numbers when we announce the lodging arrangments.

• Like 1

Had a great day touring up and down the Hudson River with Greg. Had breakfast with Rich W and toured his collection, he's got some nice stuff! Love that convertible Rich. Hit spots such as the Ashokan reservoir, new Paltz, West Point, and Hyde park. Drafted an itinerary, will release it as soon as we get rate confirmation from the hotel.

Photo taken along the route.

post-3941-0-67399700-1429411725_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark D

Well, after a few hundred miles, lots of touring and a few beers, Greg and I came up with what we think is a decent itinerary. The attached flyer will give all a good idea as to what's we have planned for August, but we may have to jigger a few things over the next couple months. We'd like to make a commitment to a church group that has agreed to make us a lunch on Friday, so we're looking for rsvp's. Email or PM Greg or myself with commitments and questions. Looking forward to meeting more of you all in person.

post-3941-0-93793500-1429757350_thumb.jpg

I've been reading your posts.   My wife and I look forward to joining you for at least part of the trip.  Thanks for the updates and all the effort you have made.  Looks like you have a nice trip planned!

I'll get an RSVP out in a day or so.

Awesome flyer!

Scott

• Like 1

post-3941-0-76181200-1429816723_thumb.jpg

Just sent out a reminder to about twelve forum members that have expressed interest in joining us via private message.  Also took a look at the member map and see there's plenty others that are within a half days drive. 

• 1 month later...

Just about 8 weeks away from our little soirée... Looks like we got at least 6 cars confirmed. Hoping to see a few more of ya'll rsvp. looking forward to it.

post-3941-0-26692800-1434072184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark D

Placed my reservation tonight. Three others registered along with me. For those that haven't yet, do yourself a favor and use this number 845.691.6888, it's a direct dial to the hotel. Thursday's rate is $80, Friday and Saturday are $100 per night. I was able to ask and receive a first floor room which makes it handy to get in and out to the cars. Front desk told me they will hold rooms on the first floor for those that wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than 60 days and the count down begins. Don't forget to book your reservations and please drop ether Greg or I a note to let us know your attending so we can get a final count.

Edited by Mark D

Booked, Booked,Booked.

Hope you all get/got some one more intelligent than the fellow I had.  He asked my name four times and asked what the name of the room block was three.  Finally found it and got me a reservation.  If you have trouble getting folks to realize what you are trying to do ask for Jennifer.  She is the facility manager and the person whom I made the original contact with.

Met a couple of fellows at the MOPAR show today who expressed interest in our Tour. One owns a 40 Plym 2 door sedan, and the other a 54 two door sedan.  He got it from a fellow in the Poughkeepsie NY area and he was told that FDR's Chauffeur was the original owner of the car.  I told him to come on down and maybe do some research at the FDR Library.  

• Like 1

Hi Greg, Mark, et al,

Finally unpacked enough boxes to get the 48 out for a first drive of the season.  The car is running just fine.  The way things are shaping up is that I might have to leave the wife at home.  My daughter was going to watch our Labrador but recently adopted a hound dog that is a little nuts so with her two cats the hound and my lab the way things look is that we either both stay home or I come on the trip myself.  I will know by the end of the week and hope to book a reservation by then.  If the wife stays home then I will drive up from Delaware on Thursday.  If she wants to come I will trailer the 48 to the Hotel.  Also will need to register the car here in Delaware before making the Hotel reservation.  Need to bring the car to the state inspection station this week.  Who knows what lies ahead with that.  Just an FYI because I have been out of touch lately.

Chet...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chet - good to hear from you. I know for sure Greg and I have both made reservations. Glad to hear that you will be with us. Hope your wife gets to join in, but certainly understand the complexities of life. Greg and I will both have the brides in attendance, so anyone else that decides to join in should let their wives know they wont be Plymouth widows for the weekend. Just about a five weeks out and we are really looking forward to the trip.

Speaking of which I've gotta find some time in the garage to replace my wonky light switch before we head west.

Mark

Hi Greg, Mark, et al,

Finally unpacked......

Chet...