2015 Summer event Planning

greg g

Last summer Mark Duggan, Gene Herman, and I took a long weekend and did a tour of central Vermont in our P15's and D 24.  To say we had a good time would be an understatement.  Might it have been better with a few more participants?  I believe it would.  With that in mind we have begun planning for Summer 2015.  We are looking at the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August (actually Thurs-Sun) for a touring style event.  The emphasis will be on driving scenic byways.  The location will likely be southeastern NY, and possibly adjoining PA and NJ.  or the Hudson River Valley area.  Both areas have good driving roads and interesting attractions.  We will be firming up the location and lodging etc in the spring.  But since there is no Plymouth Owners Club event, and the Walter P Chrysler Club is meeting in Springfield Illinois, we hopped there might be some interest by folks from this forum for such an activity.  There will be no judging, but there will be a tailgate event Friday evening, a chance to maybe buy or sell some parts, some comraderie, many chances to swap lies and kick tires. 

So given that, consider this post to be a gauge of your interest in joining us this summer. 

• Like 2

post-3941-0-33021800-1421092475_thumb.jpg

Very much looking froward to warmer weather and 2015 cruising!  Wife and I had a great time last year and both she and I are looking forward to it again this year.  Probably also good to mention that we accept modern car drivers as well, but they get placed at the end of the line up. So, If you feel like joining the fun, we'd welcome you.  (someones gotta pick up the parts that fall off).

• Like 2

I'm tentatively planning on attending the WPC event in Springfield, IL.  Figured there might be a few other forum members heading there. 

I'd love to head out east and cruise with you guys, but probably not in the budget for this year. 

• Like 1

Hi Greg,

Happy New Year.  Keep me in the loop if the car is running and the weather looks reasonable it sounds like a plan.  Are you going to post this on the POC board ?

Saving the date...

Chet..

I am thinking it would be wiser to use the POC facebook page, it gets far much more use than the forum does, just my thoughts on the matter

Chet, as things develop we will be communicating via this site, the POC site and other venues maybe trying to get some regional or local clubs involved  Bob D is acquainted with some of the Hudson Valley Region guys, maybe they might get involved. 

• Like 1

This sounds like a lot of fun but unfortunately I am over 2000 miles away. I would love to drive the kind of roads Bob D. drives and other secondary roads in your area. What we have here are pretty open and very busy. You guys will have a blast. Anyone nearby and debating about going should just jump on it and say, "I will be there!"  You only live once so don't prevaricate! Lots of time to not drive your car when you're dead! :P

• Like 2

This sounds like a lot of fun but unfortunately I am over 2000 miles away. Lots of time to not drive your car when you're dead! :P

That just means you have to start out a little earlier than the rest of them.

Edited by BigDaddyO
  • Like 1

I can't commit to anything because August is our outage month at the power plant where I work. However, should the timing work out I may be able to slip away for a day or two. I will keep an eye on this topic and we will see what happens. We have been driving farther and farther each summer as time, finances and reliability of the car allows. An over-nighter is probably about due.

• Like 3

Hi Bob, Mark, Greg, et al,

Sounds like this could be a blast it looks like there is a lot of interest.   I am happy to represent the Virginia crew even though by August I should be a full time Delawarean.   My wife & I are looking forward to the event.

Chet...

• Like 2

I successfully created a poll thanks to the help of our site admin. Love to have anyone that is contemplating attending give us some feed back to help Greg and I plan the details. Follow the link below to the poll. Thanks all.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/37886-2015-northeast-gathering-event-poll/