Oil filter for 47 Dodger

central52

The WIX number and the napa #s are almost the same as Wix makes them. I believe you drop the 5 from the start and add a 2 for the napa #. Or just drop the 5 to get the napa gold #.

• Like 1

alsomake sure you have  a gasket in the lid to help seal the top and from the oil seeping out from the top when the car is runni9ng.  I use a NAPA 1010 gold filter element that just drops into the unit.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

Also make sure to have your best clothes on when trying to lever that filter outa there.....................lol...........I'd have some old rags etc all around underneath it as there is gunna be a mess...........lol...........ask me how I know.............regards, andyd

Be a big boy man and yank it out.

Be a big boy man and yank it out.

...Of course while adhering to OSHA. :)  - excuse the smiley

Ok. Finally got that d--- filter out. Shredded it little. So, I also removed all the oil in the canister and cleaned it. Now, when I go to put the five quarts in, do I have to put some of it in the canister? Or just put the whole 5 quarts in the engine. And, by the way, Napa 1010 Gold doesn't fit. The hole is too small. So I'm looking around for one that has a one inch diameter hole. Ed

post-407-0-86895100-1419773203_thumb.jpg

post-407-0-93945600-1419773224_thumb.jpg

not an expert, but is it possible that the larger center is actually part of the old filter, and should also be removed??  you should be able to look at the old filter and see if the center section is missing.....   

I was thinking the same thing. Also you can try a 1080.

Yes, definitely part of the filter. I use a NAPA 1080 or WIX equivalent. Diameter of the hole is the same as a 1010 so you should be able to use what you have. Get a good pair of pliers on there and try to work the left-over part free. Otherwise a BFH may be required. :P

NAPA 1010 fits mine (D24 engine in D14 car). FWIW, I agree with the others that the centre of the filter is still attached to the cannister post.

Phil

oops! Our messages crossed paths. Glad you got it out.

Edited by 40phil41